Robin shot with a wide angle lens!

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Was taking some shots with my wide lens (Tokina 12-24mm) when this friendly Robin landed by me - I managed to get a few shots at 24mm before he flew away.
This shot is uncropped and pretty much as shot - just sharpened for web :)

Ian

Robin_24mm.jpg

Impressive, like it. :)

That's a really nice shot, I struggle to get that close with my 500mm...

Thanks - I was just really lucky to be in the right place at the right time and to find the friendliest robin ever :)

He just stayed by the side of us for a few minutes and only flew away when some other people walked towards us.

Why didn't you post this in the bird section? It's certainly good enough imho:D

The robins that visit me are more shy than the blue and great tits!!! I could not have got as close as that with the long lens :)

The robins that visit me are more shy than the blue and great tits!!! I could not have got as close as that with the long lens :)

You need to visit either Stourhead or The Welsh Botanical Gardens as the Robins there have been fantastic - the ones at the Botanical Gardens last week were very friendly and kept landing by our feet and posing for the camera :)

The reason I ask when you took it is because of the Rhododendrons. It looks like they have already flowed and dying back and its only the beginning of April.

Mine haven't even flowered yet. Thats what you get living up here I suppose!

Great photo, glad you put it up but I agree, you should have put it in the Bird section, its more than worthy.

The reason I ask when you took it is because of the Rhododendrons. It looks like they have already flowed and dying back and its only the beginning of April.

Mine haven't even flowered yet. Thats what you get living up here I suppose!

Great photo, glad you put it up but I agree, you should have put it in the Bird section, its more than worthy.

There was loads of Rhododendrons at Stourhead - so I'm reliably informed by my better half :) I noticed the Robins more than the Rhododendrons!

I've put this photo and a few more up in the bird section now - thanks for the encouragement.

Ian

how can it be alive in the summer, robins only live in the winter.
nice pic

Back