Robins!

Edit My Images
Yes
Took these today. The robins are completely tame. One of them was hopping around under the bench I was sitting on! C&C welcome as usual :)

robin14.jpg

robin13.jpg

robin12.jpg

Some lovely captures of a delightful character from our native birds Ewan ... (y) ... looks like a park studio so truly 'wild' Robins in your case ... ;)

:p

love the ruffled look on those feathers! :LOL:

3 nice shots Ewan, Must admit they look as they have been through a shower though..:D

(y)

keep it up mate..:clap:

Great stuff Ewan - not a lot you could do to improve these!:clap:

Andy, have you tried putting out piles of bird seed/feeders? That might pursuade him to come down :)

Thanks everyone :D

No, we have a cat! I would love to put feeders up as well but I think it would have a field day!

The little git (not fond of cats but the wife is :shake: !) bought a live pigeon into the house at the weekend, poor thing was injured on the shoulder and was splattering blood all over! Managed to catch it and release it.

We get Bull Finches, Blue and Great Tits, Robins, Green Finches, Wrens plus the usual Blackbirds & Sparrows as well!

Good shots. Looking a bit tattered in the last isnt he?

No, we have a cat! I would love to put feeders up as well but I think it would have a field day!

The little git (not fond of cats but the wife is :shake: !) bought a live pigeon into the house at the weekend, poor thing was injured on the shoulder and was splattering blood all over! Managed to catch it and release it.

We get Bull Finches, Blue and Great Tits, Robins, Green Finches, Wrens plus the usual Blackbirds & Sparrows as well!

What a shame! It could be awesome :(

Remember it is possible to put up feeders that cats can't get to. For instance at the top of a tall pole, with wire mesh around the bottom. Mind you, I don't have a cat so I don't know what I'm talking about really :p

Thanks everyone for the kind words - I've spent all day setting up a feeding station and mini-hide in my garden so hoping to start getting a lot more shots in a few weeks time. We already have a pair of goldfinches coming regularly to the niger seed feeder - maybe they'll tell their friends :D

The robin shots above aren't taken in my garden - all at a stream/duck pond/dog walking place nearby. Never actually seen a robin in my garden!

Back