Rocks

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a play with these rocks as the sky is very overcast today, so deciding to stay in. I am begining to like this shot a lot and will probably take it further, so any advice gratefully appreciated.
1. 37mm @ F5.0 1/15sec Iso 100
Rocks1_copy.jpg

2. 33mm @ F16 1/3sec Iso 100
Rocks1a_copy.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Ken.

first for me also, very niely done, looks like the moon as it loads slowly!

My 6 year old thinks the top rock came from the moon :) . I quite like the second because of the texture, ah well!

I like the second as well, dark and moody :)

1st one for me...not as contrasty, but they are both great.

Must put this on my to do list for a rainy day.
Who needs sunshine?

Like this composition better and have tried to process between the two. what do you think, does it need anything? is it interesting? should I give it up?
Rocks1ab_copy.jpg

Or
1abcde_copy.jpg

Thanks Ken.

I was just about to post and say that I like the first shot the best due to there being a difference in texture and detail in the two rocks, then I scroll down to hit reply and you have since re-shot two more versions :shock:

Both of the last two are much better than the first however here again I prefer the first (of the last two) Lighting, texture, the perfect black and no distracting background and off course the framing all lend themselves to making this a picture that would fit in well with the Ikea crowd.

Excellent series Ken :thumb:

Steve said:
then I scroll down to hit reply and you have since re-shot two more versions :shock:

Both of the last two are much better than the first however here again I prefer the first (of the last two) Lighting, texture, the perfect black and no distracting background and off course the framing all lend themselves to making this a picture that would fit in well with the Ikea crowd.

Excellent series Ken :thumb:
Actually I only shot 2 pics but processed differently, The 2nd shot is also the 3rd & 4th, just not processed as hard. The 4th had the black above extended to give the portrait look. (sharpening my Ps skills ;) )
I like it and i'm looking forward to doing something like this again (once i've found a subject).
Steve said:
the perfect black and no distracting background
A large but naff black dining table, adequate for sitting a large group and eating from but....Excellent for photography :)
Steve said:
and off course and off course the framing all lend themselves to making this a picture that would fit in well with the Ikea crowd.
I think that was the kind of thing I was aiming for, as a first attempt, I didn't really know what to photograph or even how to set it up.
Thanks for looking.
Ken.

Definately #3.

The first looks wonky to me for some reason, the second too 'false' and the 4th, I, not too keen on the vast expanse of black. I think in some shots it works for me, other it doesnt, unfortunately the extra black for me doesnt on this occasion.

However, #3 is spot on. The textures are evident, inviting me to look all around the rocks and explore in intricate detail every little bit.
It's not too distracting, very pleasing to look at, and is balanced just right IMO.

However I can't help but think "Malteser and minstrel" :D

another cracker there in Number 3 Ken, you got an eye for this....

Back