Rode Video Micro Question

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I thought I'd invest in a "Rode Video Micro" for a start to my live video recording, and presume it'll connect to a camera with the supplied cable.

Any none live narration/music recording I'm all OK with as I have some very good studio and live performance Microphones and a Multi Channel recording desk and mixer from my musical past.

I also presume that the "Rode" will connect with the supplied cable to the "DJI Osmo 3" gimbal that I intend to order. What I'm not sure about is if I want to connect the "Rode" directly to my "iPhone" which has a lightning connector what adapter cable do I need to get.

I see that Amazon sell an adaptor cable if wanted with the "Rode" but I'm not sure if that's the cable I'd need.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

George.

Hi George, you need the Røde SC7 cable and a 3.5mm to lightning dongle/connector for the iPhone. The SC7 has three rings (TRRS) and that is the end to connect to the lightning dongle. Apple did supply them with iPhones a few years back when they switched their earphone connector but you can get them online, just get the “MFI” certification to avoid any issues. Hope that helps.

Hi George, you need the Røde SC7 cable and a 3.5mm to lightning dongle/connector for the iPhone. The SC7 has three rings (TRRS) and that is the end to connect to the lightning dongle. Apple did supply them with iPhones a few years back when they switched their earphone connector but you can get them online, just get the “MFI” certification to avoid any issues. Hope that helps.

Many thanks for that Phil, but I posted that in early March and have since purchased the said Mic & SC7 cable and it all works a treat.

"Just out of interest, I see your Avatar name is "Selsdon_PJS". Does that mean you're from the Selsdon/Croydon area? only shortly after I first came here from the USA I lived at "Thornton Heath" for a while and was once a very active member of the Selsdon Camera Club"

George.

Last edited:
i find the video micro better than the video mic pro. has good capture, is fairly flat and comes with a dead cat. Meanwhile the "pro" adds a ton of bass on the mic before going into the camera, i rather add it if i want in most. it doesnt have much in terms of sensitivity control as the pro though. I still prefer the micro over the pro's though

i find the video micro better than the video mic pro. has good capture, is fairly flat and comes with a dead cat. Meanwhile the "pro" adds a ton of bass on the mic before going into the camera, i rather add it if i want in most. it doesnt have much in terms of sensitivity control as the pro though. I still prefer the micro over the pro's though

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

G.K.Jnr.

Back