Rollei Digibase C-41 Kit

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Last couple of times I've bought the Tetenal C41 kit, but I'm finding that as I'm not shooting particularly often, the chemicals are "going off" through age - last kit I had managed 10 rolls before going a bit grungy, as anyone who has seen the "Homeless Holga" results thread will realise.

So - I was wondering, is the Digibase kit any better in terms of lasting once made up into working solutions than the Tetenal kit.

Yes, use and abuse it.
There is a massive thread on it over at APUG which is worth a read.

I've used it for about a year now and never had any problems, except for a bit of user stupidity.

I must say, I once kept using a Tetenal C-41 kit on and off for about a year with little negative effect on the results. The stuff got murkier and sludgier as the year progressed (some months I had loads to dev and some months none) but as long as I compensated for age with extra dev time, all was well.

Very robust kit I find, so I'm surprised you have the issues with it that you have had.

You can keep it as long as a year? Hmm, I got the (general) impression from most of the C-41 kits that they were a 'best to use and blitz through all your rolls quickly' jobby.

I've a sneaking suspicion that it's the Blix that's stuffed - I'm going to try the advice in here and see if it'll revive it.

I've got a roll of C41 that was still in a Canon Sureshot compact I bought a few months ago - it was on frame 22 of 24 of the previous owners shots, so I clicked the last couple off, and threw the film in the camera bag "to be processed when I've got another c41 35mm roll" and I haven't had one since then!

I shot a test roll of B&W through the sureshot, and it worked fine, so I'm really not worried in the least about the c41 roll - so I guess it's the perfect test subject for this.

FWIW, I've done 8 rolls of film in a 1L kit, that was originally mixed a couple of weeks before christmas last year - so - call it 8 months shelf life - in sealed bottles, with the air excluded, kept in the dark unless out for use!

Back