Rolling car shots

Name
andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello :wave:

right here are a couple photos i got a while ago of my old car..

im using a d40x, on a home made rig...

i always loved the rolling shots in mags of cars, i thought they were done on photoshop, so when i found out they werent i had to try it myself!

so here are the results.

Untitled-1.jpg

DSC_1940.jpg

you can see part of the rig in that one :(

DSC_1967.jpg

my fav..

they were done in the eve in the summer. number 3 being the last one.. the light trails in the back ground are from the street lights.

not the best car in the world, but it doesnt mind having its photo taken so its all good.

does anyone else do any of this sort of photography?

cheers

thanks,

i really want to try taking some on a nice car.. the only problem is because its a DIY rig would hate to damage a nice car..

looking into investing in a proper set up though :D

like rolling car shots alot

i too thought it was photoshop until i saw people using rigs

We used to do these shots car to car, I found the rig was to restricted while car to car you move closer as you require , find yourself a road either closed or under construction, secure yourself with a harness in the back of the camera car and lean out, carefull not to graze your hands on the road I can tell you that hurts, its easier with a 6x6 type viewfinder for the really low angle shots. Around 60mph is a good speed as both cars are less prone to bouncing, and you will be able to use suprisingly slow shutter speeds.
The problem is of course is two cars and two drivers plus yourself.
But if you can do it you won't be disapointed
Look at the photo on the left that's me strapped to volvos camera car in Sweded in January very cold & wet

Last edited:
Back