Romney Marsh Wind Farm

Edit My Images
Yes
Here is the new Romney Marsh wind farm as seen from Rye Harbor just across from Camber Sands.

original.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Hi

That's a good shot indeed. I've been searching for a decent photo of the wind farm. Do you have a colour version you could add on here please? (Just for me to have a look at, not use or anything).

Thanks (I used to live near there).

Lisa

Hi

That's a good shot indeed. I've been searching for a decent photo of the wind farm. Do you have a colour version you could add on here please? (Just for me to have a look at, not use or anything).

Thanks (I used to live near there).

Lisa

Lisa

I do indeed I will post one up after I have popped out to get some dinner.

Love that area round camber and dungeness, I am often in Rye as i stay there for weekends, love the place.

original.jpg

Nigel

Last edited:
A great photograph. I'd heard about this from a friend who drove past recently and had thought about heading down for some photographs. Looks like an interesting location so will definitely try for a trip soon.

I like it but there just isn't enough wind farm on show, most of the turbines are just poking up above the sandbank. To make them more of a powerfull subject I think you need to find a better angle.

I like it but there just isn't enough wind farm on show, most of the turbines are just poking up above the sandbank. To make them more of a powerfull subject I think you need to find a better angle.

I also agree there are probably some more powerful locations that could be found and with the help of a wide angle those turbines could look very different.

However one of the things I like about this particular shot is that they are there but not in your face. In a way I imagine this would make a good advert for the power company as it shows that these turbines can be installed without ruining a landscape.

I am very much in support of natural power solutions and while I do see problems with their impact on the landscape, this demonstrates how with proper planning they can be installed fairly discreatly. That said I guess from other places around the around they may not be so subtle!

I also agree there are probably some more powerful locations that could be found and with the help of a wide angle those turbines could look very different.

However one of the things I like about this particular shot is that they are there but not in your face. In a way I imagine this would make a good advert for the power company as it shows that these turbines can be installed without ruining a landscape.

I am very much in support of natural power solutions and while I do see problems with their impact on the landscape, this demonstrates how with proper planning they can be installed fairly discreatly. That said I guess from other places around the around they may not be so subtle!

Thanks for the comments I like the perspective from this location, I think it suits the comp and shot from here. I will be searching out additional location where I will make the turbines the main focal point of the image.

regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

Thanks for posting the colour version, its stunning. (y)

Is the farm situated in Camber? I was in the area last May and we drove around Camber on the way back from Rye and they wern't there then. They must have put them up really quickly.:eek:

Have you got any shots of Sandgate? I used to love the view of the sea when I was on my way home from Folkestone to Romney Marsh (going downhill, and you just see all that sea glistening in the sun). I did a couple of shots last year but they were rubbish. I do love Sandgate.

Lisa

Hi Nigel

Thanks for posting the colour version, its stunning. (y)

Is the farm situated in Camber? I was in the area last May and we drove around Camber on the way back from Rye and they wern't there then. They must have put them up really quickly.:eek:

Have you got any shots of Sandgate? I used to love the view of the sea when I was on my way home from Folkestone to Romney Marsh (going downhill, and you just see all that sea glistening in the sun). I did a couple of shots last year but they were rubbish. I do love Sandgate.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

They did go up rather rapid, they are actually on the Romney Marsh, not far from Camber.

I have images from Folkestone all the way to Rye I will have a dig in the library and see what I can dig up.

Regards

Nigel

Hi Lisa

They did go up rather rapid, they are actually on the Romney Marsh, not far from Camber.

I have images from Folkestone all the way to Rye I will have a dig in the library and see what I can dig up.

Regards

Nigel

Thanks, look forward to seeing some. (y)

Lisa

Hi Lisa

Regards

Nigel

Hi Lisa

Regards

Nigel

I didn't know such a wind farm existed in that area. Perhaps I will take a drive one day and do one for my '365 (today would be the perfect day to do it but I've got a lousy headache as I type).
Looking forward to seeing your Folkestone shots, speaking as a local lad myself. :)
And regarding your picture, I'd say it's a very neat shot where you did a good job in encompassing the lot in one go.

Last edited:
Prefer the coloured one!

Thanks, look forward to seeing some. (y)

Lisa

I didn't know such a wind farm existed in that area. Perhaps I will take a drive one day and do one for my '365 (today would be the perfect day to do it but I've got a lousy headache as I type).
Looking forward to seeing your Folkestone shots, speaking as a local lad myself. :)
And regarding your picture, I'd say it's a very neat shot where you did a good job in encompassing the lot in one go.

Thanks for the comments I will dig through the library this week and will post a set early next week.

regards

Nigel

Back