Edit My Images
Yes
Postie brought my Sigma 105mm macro this morning so I have been playing
This is my first attempt
constructive crit and tips are very welcome
Thanks for looking

ROSE007.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice well saturated shot with good DoF; would it look better with a 'squre' crop?(y)

Really nice. Though dont know if its my screen but the rose looks a little out of focus..

Looking at it now it does look a bit out of focus ; going to try again tomorrow just realized its got a maual focus setting on it but thanks for your comment

Very nice well saturated shot with good DoF; would it look better with a 'squre' crop?(y)

Thanks for your comment I am going to give it another go tomoirrow see if I can do better (this was my 1st attempt)

I have the sigma 105mm lens and is a mean bit of kit also great for portraits and with tubes wow;)

I have the sigma 105mm lens and is a mean bit of kit also great for portraits and with tubes wow;)

Its just getting used to it last year I had a 70-300mm for my macro shots so am going to enjoy this baby

Not sure it's OOF... I'm seeing pixelation along the diagonals which is definately messing up the image and making it very hard to tell. The colours are good and strong.

To be honest I am not seeing anything good here ....more practise is needed with this setup so, come on Eileen lol ....oops she will kill me or deprive me;):crying::crying:

Last edited:
Try and find a flower that isn't damaged round the edges. Spray some water on it.

Use a small aperture and get some light on it - f16 or smaller so that you get plenty depth of field.

Try and find a flower that isn't damaged round the edges. Spray some water on it.

Use a small aperture and get some light on it - f16 or smaller so that you get plenty depth of field.

EOS JD Thanks for the tips wasnt really sure about settings but will give it a go and Yes my poor rose was dying it was the last of the bunch and I wanted to try my new lens out
:LOL:

EOS JD Thanks for the tips wasnt really sure about settings but will give it a go and Yes my poor rose was dying it was the last of the bunch and I wanted to try my new lens out
:LOL:

I should have added you will probably need a steady tripod too. Not for camera shake but if you move, the focus moves (even at f16 dof is pretty limited whjen you are close).

Back