Roseate Spoonbill feedback please

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I really like this shot but I've got a few reservations about it. Before I say them I'm hoping for a bit of feedback to see if you think independently the same thing. Obviously C&C welcome. Cheers...

20080114222035_roseate%20spoonbill.jpg

That's not too bad at all Neil ... (y) ... although it appears to be a little soft around the all important eye area and could do with a bit of a catch light too ... :shrug:

Nicely composed though imhgo ... ;)

:p

Thanks. I hadn't noticed the softness before but you're right about the catchlight. I did wonder if I'd left too much space on the right. Also wondered whether I'd overexposed the feathers and whether it mattered or not.

It's sometimes a balance of exposure when you have bright spots and dark spots in a subject and need to bring out detail in both ... :shrug: ... if you're shooting RAW it is generally best to underexpose because you can then bring out the detail in processing ... ;) ... but your shot is not too badly over-exposed in my view ... (y)

AND ... you need that space to the right as it balances the composition really well ... :D

:p

it's tough to get the exposure right with such light feathers and such a dark bill
looks like the lighting was none too easy either
composition is fine, space on the right is good
the eye could be a tad sharper/brighter
but all in all none too shabby (y)

Back