Rosyth Castle

Name
Garrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Was at Rosyth castle yesterday, only got a couple of pics as silly me forgot to charge the camera battery.

Thought I'd show you all a few. Again the pics ain't as good as everyone esle on here and my post processing isn't the greatest, I always shoot in raw and have a play afterwards.

rosyth1.jpg

rosyth4.jpg

rosyth3.jpg

rosyth2.jpg

and finally the doocot, a bit dark but its what I like (wanted it to look a bit PC gamey)

doocot.jpg

CC always welcome - Its makes us all better :)

Cheers
Gar

Not at all bad - great atmosphere in #3

Compositionaly they are not bad however the depth of field and post processing need improving.

If you have a tripod try setting a really small aperture (f22) and focus in the foreground. That way the whole scene should be sharp.

I am not sure what you have done to the skies in #3 & #5 but stop it! :D They are way off colour and become too distracting. A little less wang on the PS sliders may be all that was required.

(y)

I think there is a problem with the skies in all of them. Looks like a composite of different exposures from the same RAW and it hasn't worked at all.

Better to either accept the burnt out skies or take 2 different exposures at the time if you plan to combine them.

Compositions are good apart from the modern day bits that spoil things a bit. It would be interesting to see what 'straight' shots look like - just processed for best exposure.

Robert is spot on, all the pics are several exposures from the same raw file. I was seeing what I could achieve by faking a HDR image but without it looking overly HDR'd.

I appreciate the CC and will process the orginal raw file as a single exposure and see what I can come up with.

I'm still new to this and love learning although I do find it frustrating sometimes :) I used to always shoot in JPG, however I'm trying to move into RAW files, I just struggle with the post processing a little.

Cheers all for the advice.
Garrie

Back