Rounds fired

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys, was just experimenting with some close ups of an empty .308 case i have.

Shot in RAW and dropped the saturation to give it a greyer "war" look

All criticism accepted, so long as its specific (and really harsh) :D

Thanks guys (y)

Win308.jpg

EmptyBrass_1.jpg

Shot.jpg

A nice idea, but there is something missing. I think there is no context in the shot. It's just a cartridge in the grass.

It's nice to see something different though, so keep thinking outside the (ammo) box.

2 and 3 do nowt for me, but 1 grabs and holds the eye. Nicely done and a bit different from what we often see here, so (y) for that :)

Thanks for the replys :)

As for context, im not sure what i could do. Possibly add some other bits such as camouflage clothing on the ground? But, might have to move out to get it in the shot.

What i really would like to add would be an actual rifle, but, i dont have one of those at home :LOL:

Now just had a tiny little bit of inspiration! Chuck a burning match inside the shell, to have smoke coming out of the end perhaps?

Would have to do it on the patio, as i cant go setting the grass on fire :D

Might try it later when i have some of my coursework finished. :geek:

Anyway back to work :wave:

It is a lovely little idea in it's own right, but I'm wondering if it'll look better if the whole thing was taken on rough muddy soil?
After all, that's where most of our messiest and bloodiest wars took place.

Tried the smoking case idea, didnt work :(

The match just didnt produce a sufficient amount of smoke to be noticeable for more than a second, even to the naked eye, let alone putting it down, composing and shooting before it stopped. :(

I might find myself a muddy patch to work on and see how it goes (y)

Somthing else i thought, was having the camera low, just seeing the boot and leg of a kneeling "soldier" with the round next to/falling as though it has just been fired?

Ah well shall mean my boots will need a polish and the cadet DPM's will be broken out of the cupboard :D

Nice idea #1 works best . Mabye for the smoke if you are a smoker you could put a cigerette end inside , maybe a roll up as you can make one small enough to fit inside . Just an idea .

don't suppose there are any poppy fields near you? ;) could provide the theme you are looking for?

I like the first shot, the way you decreased the saturation works, not sure what else you could add, poppy like has been sugested might work not sure about muddy field.

Other two don't do anything thing for me. Maybe change it for an urban setting old disused building.

Back