Royal International Air Tattoo 2012

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. This is my first time posting images on here, although I often lurk and admire others'. :)
This was my second year at the Air Tattoo and I ended up taking some 2500 shots that day, so I have been sifting through and here are what I think are some of the better ones.

_MG_7124 1.psd by Prize78, on Flickr

_MG_7350 by Prize78, on Flickr

_MG_7496 by Prize78, on Flickr

_MG_7800 by Prize78, on Flickr

_MG_7976 by Prize78, on Flickr

_MG_8099 by Prize78, on Flickr

I did hear a rumour it was 'a lack of cloud'?? Although i'm not sure what that means exactly?! :)

Solo Lanc shot is the pick of these for me. I too saw this strange blue phenomenon that Sunday.

Ben

Thanks Ben. Yeah I was really pleased with the Lancaster shot :)

i also have the exact shot you have of the silly orange hand in the back of the Wokka lol

hope you dont mind me posting this here but as you can see from my angle, he is lol

The Wave by benji1867, on Flickr

ps i will remove this if you want, just ask.

Ben

Ha ha yeah, he must have a good grip! No problem on posting mate. You crack on :)

I think the first shot of the Red Arrows fanning out and the one of the F-18 with the turbulence(??) do it for me. The formation of E:R was also very good. I've always thought it very difficult to photograph something like this and make each shot stand out...

I think the first shot of the Red Arrows fanning out and the one of the F-18 with the turbulence(??) do it for me. The formation of E:R was also very good. I've always thought it very difficult to photograph something like this and make each shot stand out...

Yes the f-18 was a corker of a display. Extremely loud too. I was hoping I'd got a shot of it 'pulling vapour' (I think that's what it's called)
Thanks for the comment :)

Not to sound a bit of a nob but the fanning shot is the Republic of Korea Black Eagles. Is a good shot mind

Ahhh, so it is - my mistake. I should've gone back to check. You knew which one I was talking about though, right :thinking:

Ahhh, so it is - my mistake. I should've gone back to check. You knew which one I was talking about though, right :thinking:

I certainly did pal, although if there had been a shot of the reds fanning out also, then we could have had a right Benny Hill type skit going on :bang:

Is anybody able to identify any of the aircraft at all? I was listening to the commentary, but really don't remember!!

which ones do you want to know Nick?

pic 1, 7x Aero L-39 of the Breitling Jet Team

pic 2, Avro Vulcan B2

pic 3 and 4, 8x KAI T50B of Republic of Korea Black Eagles display team

pic 5, Hawker Sea Fury

pic 6, 17x BAe Hawk T1 and 10x Hawk T2

pic 7, Bell-Boeing MV-22 Osprey

pic 8, Shorts Tucano T1

pic 9, Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet

pic 10, Boeing 767-200F DHL

pic 11, CH47 Chinook

pics 12-14, BAe Hawk T1 Red Arrows

pic 15, Avro Lancaster

pic 16, Lanc plus 2x Spitfires

pic 17, 6x F5E Tiger II Patruille Suisse

pic 18-21, Eurofighter Typhoon FGR4

hope that helps and yes i am a massive geek lol

Excellent. Thanks very much mate. Have uploaded a few more for you to have a crack at :)

then

Lockheed MC130

Dassault Rafale

General Dynamics F-16A

Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet

Yak-130 "Mitten"

both a Polish AF Mig29 "Fulcrum"

no bother pal, glad to have helped

Back