Royal International Air Tattoo

Name
Peter Rushworth
Edit My Images
No
Well, for those that went, you know what the weather gods through at us, especially on the Sunday, but a rest bite on the Saturday gave us a window of opportunity to see some great displays by the Vulcan, F18 and F16. Going on a recommendation at Totterdown Farm was the best place to be, see the F22 Rapture in the gloom on the practice day last year (unfortunately not a great deal else :D), I ventured back this year to the campsite for the weekend to see what this years offerings would be and wasn't disappointed, well worth the £10 per night admission.

IMG_6076copy1.jpg

IMG_6039copy1.jpg

IMG_6002copy1.jpg

IMG_6119copy1.jpg

IMG_6192copy1.jpg

IMG_6273copy1.jpg

IMG_6298copy1.jpg

IMG_6252copy1.jpg

Only unfortunate downside to the whole weekend was either my camera or lens not working as advertised. I see a repair bill coming my way :crying:

Peter

i really like 6, very unusal angle on the shot i love the smoke trails and afterburner!

All the shots were taken from outside Fairford at Totterdown Farm, where we were stood was part of the B display axis, so nearly all the aircraft flew over our heads, got some good head on shots of the Vulcan before it swapped the 300mm.

Thanks for the comments, just a couple more

IMG_5931copy1.jpg

IMG_5959copy1.jpg

IMG_6356copy1.jpg

Peter

Last edited:
Great set! Love the Dutch F16 and the F18 shots specially 6 and 10.

Thanks Tidok

I really like the angle on the F-16 in #6, very striking.

The F-18 in #10 is another excellent shot, especially as it is caught with the vapour off the wing leading edge.

Brilliant.

Ed

Back