Royalty on the rails.

Edit My Images
No
One from the weekend, 6201 "Princess Elizabeth" with the Liverpool to Scarborough and back "Coast to Coast Express".

14590a.jpg

Canon 40D + 28-70mm f/2.8L.

stunning colours on the plants in the bottom left and the train itself. Whilst the clouds look nice the steam looks a little haloed. Nice framing aswell.

stunning colours on the plants in the bottom left and the train itself. Whilst the clouds look nice the steam looks a little haloed. Nice framing aswell.

This is not my area of expertise, but is the halo not just a blue tinge to the smoke, the same as you get with an oil leak in car exhaust problems? As I said, I don't really know about this...

To the OP - nice capture - good framing and I think the strong colours work well (y)

This is not my area of expertise, but is the halo not just a blue tinge to the smoke, the same as you get with an oil leak in car exhaust problems? As I said, I don't really know about this...

To the OP - nice capture - good framing and I think the strong colours work well (y)

could be (trains arn't really my thing either), its certainly adds that 'picture postcard' effect (y)

Blue smoke from a car is burning oil, this loco runs on coal so I don't think it is related. To me the colour only exists where the smoke is thin and you can see the tree through it, so I think it might be an effect of seeing green through the smoke.

Thanks for the comments everyone and particularly re. the saturation.

I've been trying out CS4 which now has a "Vibrance" adjustment and this is the first time I've used it.
Apparently what it does is,

"Vibrance lets you add saturation to colors that are not strong in an image, while not oversaturating colors that are strong".

I'll experiment with a few more shots before I decide.

Back