RTFM - Histograms

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Hello.

I hear you lot harping on about histograms on your fancy cameras, and I look at my S5100 and think, "wish mine had a histogram".

I've had that camera for over a year now. Yesterday I accidentally found out that it DOES have a histogram function!

I was looking at some of the pics I've taken (see the Conisbro/Pylons threads) and fumbled my camera, managed to catch it and saw something flash up on the screen. What the hell was that? How did I do it??

After 30.... maybe even 35 seconds of random button pressing, I found out how to do it! Damned if I know what it means but its there! Its a horrid multi-function button that you hold down while pressing other stuff to get the cam to do the most basic stuff, like change the shutter speed.

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Ha Ha ...the old
rtfm.gif

LOL - Better late than never I guess;)

i still have the manual for my camera in its little shrinkwrapped package.....

I haven't read my manual for about 3 weeks ;) I do keep it in my camera bag though, just incase. Very handy for reminding yourself which icon means what when you're looking for a seldom used function.

Matty said:
i still have the manual for my camera in its little shrinkwrapped package.....

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Why are you keeping the manual down your pants?
thats just sick!!!

Re the histogram, if it looks like a cool mountain range, the pic is well exposed, if it's just the odd peak to the left or right......sort it out :naughty:

i said IN a little shrinkwrapped package, not WITH one...

:puke:

Keep mine (the manual, that is) in the spares box when I go away just in case there's something I need to remind myself how to do. Usually it's the flash manual that gets a re-read now and again though as I seldom use it for anything other than bounced fill-in.

Back