Rural Furniture

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Inspired by some of the marvellous projects in here, and by the lessons I've learned from some of the members here, I'm gradually working towards the idea of developing a theme based set of photographs.

I'm ridiculously nervous about it for some reason.

In an effort to get off the starting blocks I thought I'd post some pictures based on a theme that never ceases to interest me. That is, the furniture to be found in the country side. Plenty of people are interested in street furniture, but I think the rural equivalent gets overlooked.

All black and white film because that is the medium that I feel happiest with.

img704 by Simon, on Flickr

img687 by Simon, on Flickr

img591 by Simon, on Flickr

img530 by Simon, on Flickr

img495 by Simon, on Flickr

img209 by Simon, on Flickr

img916 by Simon, on Flickr

img758 by Simon, on Flickr

Great idea for a project and something that would be excluded from most photographs. It looks like you are off to a good start, please keep them coming.

Great idea for a project and something that would be excluded from most photographs. It looks like you are off to a good start, please keep them coming.
:plus1:

Oddly enough, whenever I try my hand at 'landscape' photography I do my best to include something man-made, but I'd never thought of it as being a rural equivalent of street furniture.

I like this idea, not sure the long distance pylon "fits" with the rest its a little more industrial than the others. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

An interesting theme Simon, I look forward to seeing how it progresses... I particularly like 8, 5, 4 and 3.

Looking good so far. I agree with the pylon though... doesn't fit.

Thanks very much for the encouragement. I really appreciate it.

I agree about the pylon now you mention it.

These are lovely, Simon. Maybe thinking about the pylon, at some stage you should articulate more clearly what it's "about"? And think about a sequence of images, particularly opening and closing shots; you might not find them until later, but it's nice to have an idea what they might be. Like a story: beginning, middle, end.

5 and 8 grab me...

Never sure about b/w unless the subject is compelling.

The pylons are tricky IMHO

But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Mj

Thanks again folks.

These are lovely, Simon. Maybe thinking about the pylon, at some stage you should articulate more clearly what it's "about"? And think about a sequence of images, particularly opening and closing shots; you might not find them until later, but it's nice to have an idea what they might be. Like a story: beginning, middle, end.

That's very interesting Chris.

I'll have a think about how to introduce a sense of narrative.

The texture of the weathered concrete and wood comes over well in b/w (I'm thinking especially of pic 7 +8).

Back