weekly RyanB's 52 for 2024 Week 12 Week 16 Empty

Great set - I like your chosen one, but the smoke really floats my boat.

I think I would have gone with the smoke. All three are good shots though.

Your chosen shot is really well presented almost something you might see in an advert, but like the others, the smoke is really cool shot.

I think I would have gone with the smoke. All three are good shots though.
Very well composed shot for SOFT. But the smoke shot is my clear favourite. Neat work!
Your chosen shot is really well presented almost something you might see in an advert, but like the others, the smoke is really cool shot.
Many thanks guys, I'm getting a hint there may be a consensus forming and the smoke seems to be the 'one'... ;) Glad you all like it.

Yeah the smoke for sure. Cracking shot Ryan ;)

I agree the smoke is an interesting pic, but I think your chosen shot fits the theme well & has been set out nicely for the pic!

The arrangement of items in your soft entry is excellent. The frond that bends out to the left balances the extra items to the right. Also some nice soft lighting for the theme.

For me, the smoke is the more interesting picture, with nice colouring.
Yeah the smoke for sure. Cracking shot Ryan ;)
I agree the smoke is an interesting pic, but I think your chosen shot fits the theme well & has been set out nicely for the pic!
Agreed the chosen image is the best for me
The arrangement of items in your soft entry is excellent. The frond that bends out to the left balances the extra items to the right. Also some nice soft lighting for the theme.
Many thanks for the comments all!

Week 04 Water SOOC

A couple attempts at water from this morning.
Doing self portraits of my own hands was more difficult than I thought it would be but after about 40 images I think I got one I like(ish)...

5P8A8746v900.jpg

5P8A8724.jpg

Doing self portraits of my own hands was more difficult than I thought

I know what you mean, gripping onto the SLR really makes my teeth ache.

I assume the hands shot is your 'official' pic? A novel approach and well taken, its's a great shot. In fact all the photos in this thread to date are great (especially the smoke;)), I look forward to seeing what comes out for the rest of the year.

I know what you mean, gripping onto the SLR really makes my teeth ache.
It was more getting my tongue on the shutter release button that was foiling me... :p
I assume the hands shot is your 'official' pic? A novel approach and well taken, its's a great shot. In fact all the photos in this thread to date are great (especially the smoke;)), I look forward to seeing what comes out for the rest of the year.
Yep the 'official' one(need to add it to the main thread), Thanks, glad they have been appreciated. Its been fun thus far and given me something to do on my mornings off that isn't housework, fingers crossed I can keep it up for the whole year although the place might be a real mess by then...;)

Great idea and well executed. I assume you used a timer for the shot.

Great idea and well executed. I assume you used a timer for the shot.
Cheers David, yes I used the 10s timer. Just enough time to get back on my knees and scoop up some water from a black washing up tub on the floor. I had a soft box above and off to the side and a white bounce card on the other side for lighting.

Soft: All good contenders. As with the others I am leaning towards the smoke
Water: The hands do it for me... a strong shape that works well in mono

Envious!! Quite a collection! I'm gonna go for the colour version. The reflections work better in colour for me.
Thanks Bob, I have a thing about old m42 prime lenses possibly bordering on an addiction. Something about the overall feel and handling of manual focus/ aperture lenses. They make me consider a shot before taking it which I don't feel AF lenses do as much. I never spend much on them but I can't seem to let one get away if I spot it in a charity shop and its in good nick.

In the colour version I used radial filters in my RAW editor to lift the shadows and reflections in the front elements to make them pop a bit more.

Cool collection, and a brilliantly literal interpretation of the theme. I also prefer the colour version.

Great shot and now I can tell my wife I know someone with more camera gear than me, so she should leave me alone lol.
Ha!, glad mine stopped counting all my kit years ago. She just got me a couple vintage lenses for our anniversary next week, they look beautiful but I'm not allowed to play with them until after the day as she wants me to take her out on a date night first. :mad: Kinda feels like bribery but I can live with that.;)

I like the interpretation, however I can't see much tidying being done after the rum :cool:

Snappers. Far too much choice. Works well in mono.
Neat and tidy. Made me laugh.. good take on the theme.

Back