weekly RyanB's 52 for 2024 Week 12 Week 16 Empty

I like the interpretation, however I can't see much tidying being done after the rum :cool:
Thanks, at the very least I would be a lot less bothered about it being messy after the rum. ;)
Snappers. Far too much choice. Works well in mono.
Neat and tidy. Made me laugh.. good take on the theme.
Cheers Helen!
I like both of those images but I am actually quite drawn to the second one. For me its simple and just a touch of colour to make it pop. Plus I have given up alcohol so cant drink rum lol
Thanks Adam, truthfully it is pretty much prop rum at this point as it was cheap stuff I won at a raffle and its been in that decanter for about 5 years now, I just liked the play on words. I barely touch booze these days as it doesn't agree with me anymore, although I do like a nice cold cider on a hot summers day.

Week 07 Filthy

I normally hate pics of myself but I am told I pull off the 'Filthy look' pretty effectively so I thought I would play to my strengths...
A bit of cocoa powder and water and I'm away. :eek: Yes I know I'm a creepy looking dude, can't help it it's my face.
5P8A9782v900.jpg

Might do something SOOC later on in the week so not sure if this will be the entry or not.

Last edited:
Rubba Dub Dub a Storm Trooper in a Tub

My Storm Trooper rubber duck having a scrub in the tub (Cause he's a filthy little cretin... :p ) SOOC
5P8A9825.jpg

Week 07 Filthy

I normally hate pics of myself but I am told I pull off the 'Filthy look' pretty effectively so I thought I would play to my strengths...
A bit of cocoa powder and water and I'm away. :eek: Yes I know I'm a creepy looking dude, can't help it it's my face.
View attachment 414997

Might do something SOOC later on in the week so not sure if this will be the entry or not.
I love the gritty, high contrast, tone mapped look here. Great work

Yep - that's one filthy shot! :)

Great portrait with nice lighting and fair play going to effort of using cocoa powder

Great portrait with nice lighting and fair play going to effort of using cocoa powder
Thanks Keith, I was more comfortable with cocoa powder than going out in the garden and smearing dirt on my face. I did get the missus asking why the tub of cocoa powder was on the bathroom sink though. Not sure what she thought I was up to...

• Haha
Reactions: nog
First image is excellent and my favourite, really well done.
Thanks Adam!
Lovely filthy shot.. you've really made yourself look very creepy.
Thanks Helen, as that was my intention I will take it as a compliment. I'm just glad when I showed it to my neighbour of 20 years he didn't recognise the subject as being me and had to do a double take, would have preferred it to be a triple take really...

That's a great portrait regardless of theme, really well lit. Yes, creepy as well as filthy but in real life you can't hope to be caught in the dark covered in dirt with a mischievous grin on your face and not be considered a bit creepy. At least that's what my neighbourhood watch said.

That's a great portrait regardless of theme, really well lit. Yes, creepy as well as filthy but in real life you can't hope to be caught in the dark covered in dirt with a mischievous grin on your face and not be considered a bit creepy. At least that's what my neighbourhood watch said.
Thanks Nick!:ROFLMAO:

Week 08 Whole SOOC

The Whole (w)holy Ely Cathedral seen through a (w)hole in the treeline. This view features on a famous album cover points for guessing it... This one isn't sooc
PinkFloydCathedral.jpg

The Whole truth and nothing but... SOOC w/ minor cropping.
5P8A1337.jpg

A whole puzzle and geez it was harder that I thought for only being a5 SOOC
5P8A1317.jpg

Three nice shots....

The Division Bell :)

Three nice shots....

The Division Bell :)
Ding, ding , ding. We have a winner and so quickly too! Sadly the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the states wouldn't lend me the heads for the recreation or it would have been my main entry this week.

Before I read shot 2 was the whole truth, I honestly thought you'd got confused about the wholly bible.

As for the puzzle though, it isn't whole? Is there a plot twist I'm missing?

Before I read shot 2 was the whole truth, I honestly thought you'd got confused about the wholly bible.

As for the puzzle though, it isn't whole? Is there a plot twist I'm missing?
Maybe not whole yet but about to be, just wanted a focal point for the puzzle so I left the last piece half in.
Three shots covering this week's theme. Well, the whole of this week's theme in fact. Good work.
Three good shots bang on theme - and I learnt more about Ely Cathedral
Filthy - Love the look of the photo. Nailed the theme !
Whole - Very nicely captured SooC. So much opportunity for that to go wrong, but I think it doesn't.
Many thanks all!!

Week 09 Hidden

I've got a cracking hand here...
5P8A2309v1024vlightened.jpg

In their usual hiding place...
5P8A2298.jpg

EDIT
I've been sat looking at my entry and thinking the ace up my sleeve is a bit too prominent so decided to get my suit back on and try a re-shoot with it in my left sleeve instead as it is the one in the shadow.

This one is SOOC
WinningHand1024.jpg

Last edited:
Super take on the theme Ryan. :)

Great idea, and I do agree that the reshoot is a better one - the ace hiding in the shadows, rather than being the first thing you see in the pic. Well done!

Great work on the setup and agree the sooc with the focus on your cards is the better shot.

Great idea, and I do agree that the reshoot is a better one - the ace hiding in the shadows, rather than being the first thing you see in the pic. Well done!
Great work on the setup and agree the sooc with the focus on your cards is the better shot.
Many thanks, I am much happier with the re-shoot. Really enjoyed the refining process even if I hate suits, especially ones I haven't worn in years and seem to have shrunk in the wardrobe... ;)

Reactions: nog
Whole.. lovely puzzle. The ones that look easy are often the hardest
Hidden. Nice take on the theme and well executed.

Back