S-max in new forest

Edit My Images
Yes
please let me know what you think, C&C welcome

IMG_1744v2copy.jpg

Like the angle and composition(y) but looks a bit dark/underexposed.

Oh! and it's a Ford:thumbsdown::LOL::LOL:

Honestly? Looks like a merge, as if the car was never actually there, its been added in later :thinking: I think its the processing, just looks odd. :shrug:

However, great autumnal colours, and pretty sharp across the image.

Have to agree with all of that.

There IS something weird about the car........the tyres and the front bumper are grey not black, especially the front passenger one.. it looks really odd as the blacks of the trees are correct thats why it looks like they were done separately.

There IS something weird about the car........the tyres and the front bumper are grey not black, especially the front passenger one.. it looks really odd as the blacks of the trees are correct thats why it looks like they were done separately.

Have you been drinking Janice?

It looks fine and dandy on my monitor. (big Dell thingy 22" bright panel)

Or have you been running a colour channel dubry type thingy over the image?

I just looked at the Exif and for iso 400 that is a good if not superb shot in a forest situation. Can you tell me which lens it was?

Having looked at the photo again, I can see (possibly) why the car looks fake. I think it is the shadow under the car when all around seems to be in positive light but but looking at the clouds behind the tree line it appears to be blown or just a grey day. Now look at the reflection on the windscreen and I see a blue reflection of a nice clear day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Janice, do you think I have been drinking now?

Yes it has been processed. I used the 18-55 kit lens. Here is the original. I liked the composition, but it looked too dull.

IMG_1744.jpg

Here is another that has not been processed...

IMG_1698.jpg

I just looked at the Exif and for iso 400 that is a good if not superb shot in a forest situation. Can you tell me which lens it was?

Having looked at the photo again, I can see (possibly) why the car looks fake. I think it is the shadow under the car when all around seems to be in positive light but but looking at the clouds behind the tree line it appears to be blown or just a grey day. Now look at the reflection on the windscreen and I see a blue reflection of a nice clear day.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Janice, do you think I have been drinking now?

I shall answer as her proxy for now - YES!! :LOL: There is blue sky behind the trees if you look, and the reflections on the car do mimic the tree line, which is why I think its a processing issue. Specifically, I would guess that at some selective processing, seperating the car from the rest of the image and processing each part separately, hence the weird look of two images. Looks dreaful on my super bright nasty laptop screen, but less bad on the normal CRT monitor - Janice is correct when she says the problem is with the blacks - black in the background, grey on th ecar :thinking:

I like the stock photo, composition is very good, just needs a few levels adjustments and saturation boosts. Maybe something like the following?

ford.jpg

Now THAT...........looks fab! (Nice black tyres too! (y) )

Back