Safari Issue

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

If I leave my Mac Book Air for a while, it goes into standby mode. If I then wake it and try to access the internet I get a frozen page and this appears after a couple of minutes:
Screenshot 2021-04-05.jpg
Eventually I can access the internet, but why does it do this? Is there a setting I need to check/change please?

This particular page is the BBC, but it makes little difference where I go, the same thing happens.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
It sounds like OS X is disconnecting from the network when it sleeps. This is normal and by design but I've found OS X can take a while to reconnect after a sleep.

You could try selecting "wake for network access" in the power options. (System preferences...Energy Saver) which may or may not work. An alternative would be "never sleep" but that will take a lot of power.

Hi all,

If I leave my Mac Book Air for a while, it goes into standby mode. If I then wake it and try to access the internet I get a frozen page and this appears after a couple of minutes:
View attachment 314459
Eventually I can access the internet, but why does it do this? Is there a setting I need to check/change please?

This particular page is the BBC, but it makes little difference where I go, the same thing happens.

Many thanks.
Never had that, but I do have a few random effects like not properly showing websites that occur if my Mac hasn't been re-booted for a while (say >2 weeks). I suspect a hidden problem somewhere but working with Apple support over a couple of days did improve but not solve it (2014 MBP on 10.14).

Back