[Safari Li'on/Discovery] Mounting a 70cm beauty dish..?

Edit My Images
No
Hello all..greetings from Malaysia..im adi.. =)

I would like to know from the Li'on's and the discovery's owner on mounting a 70cm beauty dish on the head..

Im sorry if this question has already exist, but i cant find any information about it..do guide me to the appropriate thread, info if you guys have..

Im about to buy the jinbei discovery dc600..as im aware of, the discovery is very similar in terms of build quality of the head (plastic mount), not to mention other specs as well..

I went through some of the threads here in this forum such as*http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=386274

But...I wonder how do you guys attach it?does the head can take the weight of the 70cm beauty dish?or do you guys modified the adapter to mount the beauty dish directly to the lightstand, thus not stressing the head mount?Is it even possible to mount the beauty dish to a light stand?

If so, what care that needs to be taken?can some of you post a picture of the head with the 70cm beauty dish and the ways you guys set it up?

Thank you

Regards
Adi

The Jinbei Discovery head is identical the the Lencarta Safari Li-on, the differences are in the flash generator unit.

This has been asked several times, my answer is that if you fit a 70cm beauty dish then the manufacturer will not accept responsibility if you break the head, but if you are sensible, and make sure that the beauty dish is anchored and supported in windy conditions, then there is no reason why it will not be perfectly OK. I have done it myself, many times.

Lencarta is going to bring out a very strong metal head for this purpose, I am actually talking to the factory about it at the moment, it will definitely happen but as yet I do not have either a date or a price. But, as I have said, it is perfectly OK with the present head,which is considerably stronger than many others.

The Jinbei Discovery head is identical the the Lencarta Safari Li-on, the differences are in the flash generator unit.

This has been asked several times, my answer is that if you fit a 70cm beauty dish then the manufacturer will not accept responsibility if you break the head, but if you are sensible, and make sure that the beauty dish is anchored and supported in windy conditions, then there is no reason why it will not be perfectly OK. I have done it myself, many times.

Lencarta is going to bring out a very strong metal head for this purpose, I am actually talking to the factory about it at the moment, it will definitely happen but as yet I do not have either a date or a price. But, as I have said, it is perfectly OK with the present head,which is considerably stronger than many others.

thank you garry..i guess i'll try to DIY a bracket when i get the beauty dish so that i could mount it to the lightstand.. =)

can't wait to get it..thank you again sir.. =)

Back