Samsung launches first digital SLR

Edit My Images
Yes
I found this so thought I'd pass it on.

It's been rumoured for weeks, leaked ahead of annoucement and now it's here; Samsung's first digital SLR, and the first fruit of the Samsung / Pentax tie-in announced in October. The GX-1S is a lightweight 6 megapixel camera with a 2.5-inch screen, ISO up to 3200 and a Pentax AF lens mount. Nothing we haven't seen before; the GX-1S is a rebadged Pentax *ist DS2 (there's some new Schneider lenses too, but they also appear to be straight re-badge jobs). (23:05 GMT)

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0601/06011602samsunggx1s.asp

Nice to see another camera using the Pentax lens system. Pentax just keep plugging away in the background though I'll reserve judgement on the Samsung till we can see some example shots.

I thought this was Samsung buying its way into the DSLR market by merging with Pentax

I read on dpreview its simply a rebadged Pentax *ist DS2 so no ground breaking stuff yet but if the money they must have paid pentax is put to good R&D who knows pentax may come up with something good next time. I for one like the idea of a good SLR that runs on AAs as my holidays tend to be in places where a plug socket is hard to find, ie walking/trekking/hiking/tramping in the middle of nowhere in NZ

You could get yourself a solar charge system.

Warspite said:
You could get yourself a solar charge system.

One trip I didn't see the sun for a week :( mind you wan't taking any pictures then either so could work would have to investigate how effective they are .... and add a hundred or two pounds to my budget

Back