Samsung Micro SDHC 8GB not recognised. HELP!

Tigger.ufo

Lady Penelope
Name
Heather
Edit My Images
Yes
Took some photos on my phone (S4 mini) which have gone onto the card which has now disappeared ….

Phone was eating battery really quickly and getting hot which Google told me could be down to the SD card so I took it out. Tried it in my 10.1 tablet and the photos showed there …. and then vanished! …. and so has the card now!

Took card out and put into card reader but my PC can't recognise it either.

Have I lost everything or can I recover it?

You can try out into the tab, connected the tab to a pc and see if it can read the card.

If no joy then recuva may be the next best option to try.

I had this issue with a micro SD in an mp3 player, and I'm afraid it died completely (unreadable in every device). I'd hesitate to suggest trying it again in the phone in case of damage - was it still readable there before you transferred it to the tablet?

You can try out into the tab, connected the tab to a pc and see if it can read the card.

If no joy then recuva may be the next best option to try.

I did this but not able to see the card at all, whether on the tablet or with the tablet connected to the PC ... or indeed with the card reader. Can I use recuva if my pc can't "see" the card?

I had this issue with a micro SD in an mp3 player, and I'm afraid it died completely (unreadable in every device). I'd hesitate to suggest trying it again in the phone in case of damage - was it still readable there before you transferred it to the tablet?

It was all showing on the phone but the phone was using the battery life up very quickly so I took the card out ... and then tried putting it back in and it wouldn't show the card as installed. I then put the card in my tablet and it was all there but the next time I looked it had all gone!

Definately not synced ... nothing since 2017!

Will try the freezer but not hopeful and not sure that PhotoRec will run if I can't access the card on anything! .:dummy:

Back