Samsung NX1000

Just the settings compared to my dslr. I find it a bit long winded.

Most, if not all, CSC cameras are very menu driven. These cameras were built and designed at a time when the companies (especially Samsung and Sony) thought that they'd only be purchased by Auto shooters. At least there's a mode dial, unlike some.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/0...-20MP-mirrorless-camera-with-WVGA-touchscreen

I think I've found the upgrade from my NX100. That really is a significant upgrade in sensor and design from Samsung, well done to them. I wonder if the NX-R will be announced soon.

Trying to use manual mode more now, not sure the pictures are that brilliant, but still reading and learning...

8346686583_0b50631d84_b.jpg

8346687717_ec8a44feec_b.jpg

Most of the NX range have very, very slippy bodies. At least you guys with the NX1000 have a slight grip, I had to buy a plastic grip from Hong Kong for my NX100 - the grip covers the Samsung name, so I now have a "ung".

samsungnx100resize_zps4b7bedcf.jpg

Micehorns, the grip you have on your NX100 looks very nice, I'd love to get one for my NX100 too. Do you remember the name of the ebay seller that stocks it?

Cheers

I'm a new comer yo the nx buying a nx10 last week. I love it its a pleasure to use i prefer it to my d5100 already. There sensor get a bad rep its only half a stop behind the d5100 which has the best performing aps-c sensor on the market. The nx cameras are a steel, i paid £167 with 2 lens. The prime lenses can also be picked up for under £100.

Micehorns, the grip you have on your NX100 looks very nice, I'd love to get one for my NX100 too. Do you remember the name of the ebay seller that stocks it?

Cheers

Hey there, the name of the grip was called a FlipBac G3.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flipbac-C..._Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item51a83ba54f

It took about 2 weeks to arrive, it's very secure with the sticky plastic at the back.

I choose the G3 because it was the smallest, but any of the range would happily fit on the NX100.

There's a selection of brand new NX bodies, primes and zooms in the classifieds at the moment :)

They're exceptionally well built compared to their Nikon equivalents. The 60mm macro and 85mm 1.4 in particular appear to be serious bits of glass...

Last edited:
Hi, I wonder if someone can advise me on zoom lenses for the Samsung NX1000 model please? I am finding the zoom on the camera not very good and would like a zoom lens that is a good all rounder for holiday, not wanting to carry two around with me and having to keep swapping. Currys sold me the camera saying Nikon lenses fit, but having googled a bit today I am not sure. Any advice would be welcome!

Hi, I wonder if someone can advise me on zoom lenses for the Samsung NX1000 model please? I am finding the zoom on the camera not very good and would like a zoom lens that is a good all rounder for holiday, not wanting to carry two around with me and having to keep swapping. Currys sold me the camera saying Nikon lenses fit, but having googled a bit today I am not sure. Any advice would be welcome!

I'm sorry but that's shocking from an electronics store :shake:. The lenses that fit are Samsung NX mount.

Your options are the Samsung NX 18-200mm, which is a rare lens and very expensive - it's primarily focused towards video users but still works fine with photogaphs. I genuinely haven't seen one for sale in this country for a normal price.

Samsung NX 50-200 - probably your best option, although it would mean swapping lenses (I'm guessing you got the 20-50mm lens with the camera?). It's roughly £130 to £150.

Thank you Micehorns, yes I am now rather disappointed with that advice from Currys now! The camera shops locally have all closed down now so Curry's was the nearest choice. Yes, I did get the 20-50mm lens with the camera.

I found the 18-200mm lens on the Samsung website but at £700 it's way over my budget, even on Ebay they are only slightly less expensive.

Thanks for your thoughts, will look at the 50-200 lens, and also by finding this forum and reading through the posts I realise have a lot of learning to do about photography!

Hi, would you know how to adjust the colour setting on the NX1000? I am finding the colour slightly flat and I've read you can change the settings to brighten up the colour. I have read the manual and just cannot see ha to do it. Any help appreciated please!

Hi, would you know how to adjust the colour setting on the NX1000? I am finding the colour slightly flat and I've read you can change the settings to brighten up the colour. I have read the manual and just cannot see ha to do it. Any help appreciated please!

What you need to do is actually play with your camera and see what the various buttons etc actually do.

If you press "menu" one of the onscreen options you will see is "picture wizard". There you will find your options to change colour settings. I found that without looking in the guide (no idea where that is), in less than 10 seconds. Don't be afraid to play with your camera! (y)

Back