Santago Rare Leopard Project...

Name
King
Edit My Images
Yes
Along with another photography group I visited this magnificent place in May last year. Probably many of you will have heard of it. It's situated in Hertfordshire and sadly is under threat of closure due to the critical illness of Peter who is joint owner along with his partner Jackie. She is facing a massive increase in the public liability insurance fee. Full story here:

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Santago-Rare-Leopard-Project

They deserve your support. For those that haven't been to the place you can get some magnificent shots of some very rare wild big cats. A lot of the big photography groups and such people as Andy Rouse & Chris Weston have been there.

I hope the admin/mods at tp will allow this thread so people may be able to make a donation to enable it to continue. I've made a donation this morning.

I've known for sometime that Peter was ill. He has a great way with the cats and is actively involved in the preservation and conservation of some of the world's rarest cats (such as the clouded leopard). Although a great resource for photographers, it is also important to remember the bigger picture of Santago being part of a Europe wide scheme to try and preserve genetic diversity in endangered cats.

Peter was also a patron of the WHF in Kent for a while and was spending time between Hertfordshire and Kent. The world of conservation will miss him greatly and I sincerely hope Jackie is able to continue.

Donation sent.

Paul

Donation made - thanks for the link :)

Back