Saving Raw to JPEG

Edit My Images
No
I am having trouble converting a raw image to jpeg. I have PSE6. I can open the image and edit but its saving as a jpf? I then cant re-open it.....grrrr:shrug:

I'm not sure whether I am getting you right. The only option I can find is save as JPG,JPEG,JPE. Try entering the extension jpg at the end of the file name when you save it, for example, trees.jpg, and make sure that the format box, gives JPG,JPEG,JPE as the option. It should then save it as a normal jpg file. If you just change the extension on the ones you have already done to jpg instead of jpf, you will probably find that they will open then.

Its something to do with JPEG2000? I dont have the option to change it to any other type of jpeg. I am stumped to be honest....and getting crosser and crosser:bang:!!

Its something to do with JPEG2000? I dont have the option to change it to any other type of jpeg. I am stumped to be honest....and getting crosser and crosser:bang:!!

I think this is the answer:
you need to check whether you're editing an 8-bit or 16-bit image in Elements. Look to the Title Line and check the last entries. In parentheses you should see (RGB/8 or RGB/16.] If it's the latter you'll be forced to use JPEG 2000. If you see RGB/8, you can save as a JPG [normal JPEG] directly.
You'll have to convert RGB/16 to RGB/8. To do this go to Image > Mode. In the drop down menu you'll see two entries [8 bits per channel and 16 bits per channel.] Select 8 bits/channel [but remember, one you save the JPEG image, you can't go back to the 16 bit format.]

Youve cracked it for me hillwalker....thanks:)(y)

Back