SB800 to skyports

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Guys

Can anyone help me - I need to know which cable to use to connect the skyport receiver to the SB-800 please.

I'm aware I lose the CLS and will need to shoot in manual mode - but is this a typical setup for 'strobist' work?

I've very green in this area! Give me a studio anyday!!

Cheers

Lee

One of the cables that came with the skyports set "sort of" fits and fires (intermitently).

How you finding the remote flash? Reliability ok etc?

What cable was that? I didn't get anything with my Skyport set that was anywhere near suitable, as with all photography kit, you always end up needing something else!:annoyed:

I haven't really tested it out much yet, just got some Velcro dots to secure it to the SB800. Will let you know when i've given it a good workout.

Yep that's the one you need http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/prod.a...+to+WizardPlug

I had exactly the same issue. Was a bit miffed when 5 or so cables were included with the skyport kit I bought (transmitter and receiver, nice case etc) and not one of them was right.

That's not being really fair to Elinchrom though :shake: they make these for THEIR gear, and add in a few extra leads for other makes too

LeeP - I use these on SB800s, so if you want any help drop me a pm

I think they are ace and if I was offering a portable 'studio' service, I'd be using these over carting studio lights around any day

DD

Cheers Dave

I've ordered a couple - we're going to be having a few strobist sessions on soon that I want to get involved with so thought I may as well get some.

May also come in for Weddings and the like too for a remote flash :)

Cheers Dave

I've ordered a couple - we're going to be having a few strobist sessions on soon that I want to get involved with so thought I may as well get some.

May also come in for Weddings and the like too for a remote flash :)

I bought them for Weddings !!!

(y)

DD

That's not being really fair to Elinchrom though :shake: they make these for THEIR gear, and add in a few extra leads for other makes too

LeeP - I use these on SB800s, so if you want any help drop me a pm

I think they are ace and if I was offering a portable 'studio' service, I'd be using these over carting studio lights around any day

DD

Fair enough, but with the rising popularity of off camera flash using speedlights, and the fact that the skyports cost way less than pocket wizards (their main 'rival'), I think it would be a very good 'PR' move on Elinchrom's part to include the necessary leads. No big deal though.

I love my Skyports thanks to recommendations from here. Shame about none of the cables fit, but I guess these are designed for studio lights rather than pc sync sockets on hotshoe flashes.

Back