Scaleber Force, Janets Foss & A Tree

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting shots. The first one is not dramatic enough for me but the second one more than compensates for it. I'd go with that. Its a good exposure and the greens just compensate for the winter misery. The third one does ring the bells of winter misery but strangely enough works for me. I'd maybe personally go for a higher contrast edit bringing out the texture and even let the sky go near white.

Thanks for the comments, all :)

Love the lone tree.
Is that a limestone pavement?

I believe it is limestone - the whole area is covered in it (you can even see it on Google Earth/Maps). Pretty tricky to walk across - you need to be careful that your feet dont disappear down the cracks !

Thanks again.

Nice pics, but I think your geography leaves a lot to be desired. South Yorkshire?
Also Janet's Foss doesn't look like the Janet's Foss that I know. If you could add some clarification to that please.
And just to be really pedantic, Scalber is spelt with an 'e' not an 'a'.

Yep - geography a bit off. Yorkshire is a big place! I think I meant South in the Yorkshire Dales ;)

Regarding Janets Foss - my photo is taken about 20m below the main waterfall. If I had angled the camera up a bit, the main fall would have been in view. There were loads of people about and couldn't get a picture without people in it. Plus, believe it or not, there were actually people swimming in the pool where the main fall is !!!!

Love the first two. The effect (esp. the greens) is very reminiscent of that produced by Fujichrome Velvia. A treat for my eyes - that's for sure.

Nice exposure length and processing on the waterfall shots.

They’re all good but the first two have the colours I like and are great examples of this location. The last is truly wintery and to put it mildly I now totally get why suicide rates are so high in the darker months in far northern climates.

Actually laughed out loud at this, I was expecting some sort of comment but not that funny!

Nice exposure length and processing on the waterfall shots.

Actually laughed out loud at this, I was expecting some sort of comment but not that funny!

It’s a time of year I truly hate with all my being. I despise, detest and loathe winter. Lottery win I’d have two places, one in the Pyrenees for summer and one in Tenerife to hide from winter. I don’t fly so alas the Southern Hemisphere is out but New Zealand, Chile, Argentina would be good bets about now.

It’s a time of year I truly hate with all my being. I despise, detest and loathe winter. Lottery win I’d have two places, one in the Pyrenees for summer and one in Tenerife to hide from winter. I don’t fly so alas the Southern Hemisphere is out but New Zealand, Chile, Argentina would be good bets about now.

It would be a fair old route to tenerife without flying!

I am off to new zealand in a month...as someone who doesnt like flying one bit Im not sure how I will cope on two 14 hour flights. The scenery looks worth the pain however.

I like the top two photos. I think the third could be good put Id prefer a wider crop to the tree didnt fill the frame so much. As someone said a simple long exposure might work. Im sure Ive seen that tree photographed a few times.

It would be a fair old route to tenerife without flying!

I am off to new zealand in a month...as someone who doesnt like flying one bit Im not sure how I will cope on two 14 hour flights. The scenery looks worth the pain however.

Hope you have a blast - I couldn't do it though. Tenerife isn't too bad to get to. Drive to Cadiz and a two day sailing and you are there

Back