Scanning negatives

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
I have an old picture taken with my old praktica bc1 taken of Mansell giving lift to Senna at the end of the 1991 BGP.

I would like it digitised. My mum has a scanner with a negative scanning attachment (HP) I think. It's a few years old but will this create a good quality scan or is there anywhere I can take it to get it scanned proffesionaly?

Thanks

Simon

I dont see why it wouldn't create a good copy. Give it a go, and if it isn't good enough, then look into getting it scanned by a shop?

Cheers. I just heard that shops do really low resolution scans so didn't know if there was somewhere better?

This place has done some excellent slide scans for me, so I assume their negative scanning is of similar quality.

https://www.scanitall.co.uk/ScanItAll/negativedirectshop

They do it at 4000dpi with Digital ICE infra-red and scratch reduction and they will supply them as uncompressed TIFFs (16/48 bit or standard 18/24 bit colour) or jpegs. There is a £10.00 minimum spend but if you have other pictures that you'd like scanned its worth it.

I wonder if it might be worth seeing if someone on here local to you has a proper film scanner and would be willing to scan it for you.

Certainly if you were down this neck of the woods I'd be happy to scan the neg for you. A dedicated film scanner is so much better than a flatbed having just done the swap myself....

I can scan it for you if you can get it to me in Ealing.

Well I'm going back to see my mum next weekend in Suffolk. Thanks Tony and Nick for the offers if I have no luck i may take you up on the offer :) unless there is anyone near Bury St Edmunds that can help lol

Cheers

Back