Beginner Scanning Service Advice

Name
Claire Lou
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya,

I just getting back I to photography again. I’ve got a big box of photo that I want to send off for scanning. Found a few companies offering this just wondered if there’s any advice on confidentiality, price, quality etc. Also is the process all automated or does an actual person see every single one? I’m thinking of the odd holiday snap that might have escaped my beady eye when I went through them. Going through every single one to take out anthing mildly embarrassing would kind of defeat the object time-wise. Any tips or recommendations appreciated.

Last edited:
Hiya,

I just getting back I to photography again. I’ve got a big box of photo that I want to send off for scanning. Found a few companies offering this just wondered if there’s any advice on confidentiality, price, quality etc. Also is the process all automated or does an actual person see every single one? I’m thinking of the odd holiday snap that might have escaped my beady eye when I went through them. Any tips or recommendations appreciated.
Welcome! You really need to address these questions to the companies you are interested in. However, it’s always useful to ask if anyone has used such a service, and how they performed.

If you've got a big box, you may be better off getting hold of a second hand scanner. Something like a Canon Lide series. It could work out very expensive to have loads scanned professionally when in truth most of us just want to enjoy viewing them of printing A4 size reproductions.

Yeah I started off planning to do it all myself but i looked at the box and imagined myself spending all that time vs having someone else do it. It's the time more than the cost.

Back