Scottish Parliament trails

S

stupar

Edinburgh City skyline creates a formidable backdrop with multiple landmarks on show.

I've always had this shot in mind but shooting at rush hour commuting time on a friday made for inconsistent traffic flow and vehicle build ups so timing was critical.
Still I'm happy with the result and will happily return to try again including some alternative angles.

Comments and crit welcome as always

8233365450_5a2cfa4b59_b_d.jpg

Beautiful shot! Is that from top of Arthur's seat?

ShutterWork said:
Beautiful shot! Is that from top of Arthur's seat?

Thanks!
Not quite. It's taken from half way up the path that sits beneath the sheer face of Arthur's seat.

Nice composition and exposure, I would be tempted to crop 10-15% off the RHS to remove some of that dead black area to the right of the roundabout.

Very nice shot! I'm usually too lazy to walk up Arthur's seat whenever I'm in Edinburgh, but it looks like your effort paid off.

ah5168 said:
Nice composition and exposure, I would be tempted to crop 10-15% off the RHS to remove some of that dead black area to the right of the roundabout.

Thank you. Yeah there probably is room to trim on the right hand side.

skysh4rk said:
Very nice shot! I'm usually too lazy to walk up Arthur's seat whenever I'm in Edinburgh, but it looks like your effort paid off.

Thanks, I plan to go a bit further up next time for a better view point. Definitely worth the effort though.

randomwindows said:
beautiful shot of a beautiful city

Thank you!

Back