Scottish Premiership Rugby Men and Women

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to get along to a couple of games this weekend. Weather was dry and iso was low so that was good. The mens game, Currie v Marr saw 7 tries but 6 were the opposite end and the other at the opposite side. One of those days. The women I missed the start due to attending the Edinburgh Derby but the Ladies were as ever great to photograph as ever. Glad the season has started it has been a long 18 months but now lots of games to choose from with fixtures most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

_A9_2509 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_1901 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_3183 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_1496 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_0511 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_A9_0643 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

That first shot is a cracker. Caught just at the right moment.

Men look quite tame compared to the women ... no 3, I'd run away! :LOL:

Men look quite tame compared to the women ... no 3, I'd run away! :LOL:
The women are every bit as aggressive as the men. They also hardly ever kick so the ball is in play far more often and they play some nice stuff. Most are university students but there is a fair mix of ability and fitness, they are all totally committed though and also love the photos. I shoot with a co-operative trying to promote rugby through photography and most of us like shooting the ladies better. The flowing hair and facial expressions just make for better images

That first shot is a cracker. Caught just at the right moment.
Cheers, my favourite rugby shot of the season so far. There much have been five frames to choose where the tackler is fully off the ground, the ball carrier is small but very strong. This was the best as she got her head up and there is a little more eye to be seen that the other frames.

Needs some colour correction IMHO esp on the girls.. I get the same in summer so have some standard actions that are one click away .. works for all :)

yell.jpg

Needs some colour correction IMHO esp on the girls.. I get the same in summer so have some standard actions that are one click away .. works for all :)

View attachment 329931
That looks much better, The Sony's don't deal with colour as well as the Nikons do. I actually used DXO on this image after I posted and the rendition was much closer to yours. Photoshop canned profiles are very poor for the Sonys. It is an image that I will probably spend time on as I will end up using it in Camera Club comps, I can already here the first judge talking about eye contact but I like the image so who cares.

Thanks for taking the time to do a wee edit. I hate editing and as you know there are so many images to get through with sports. I typically just do an auto levels and not much more but I think the time is probably came to up m editing skills

That looks much better, The Sony's don't deal with colour as well as the Nikons do.

I am on canon and sick to death of yellow tinge on sunny days.. good to knew its other brands as well :)

Back