scratching my brain

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
it hurts :LOL::LOL:

just wondering more than anything but i think i know the answer but would like some info

here goes lol scenario below

your shooting with a 50D and 70 -200 f2.8 L but the for obvious reason you cant get them when close

A do you loose the shot when up close knowing it is pointless becuase the lens is too big at close range or

B take the 5D with a siggy 24 - 70 F 2.8 which the 5D is slow ( obvious ) lol and rush to switch between camers again to try and capture the close up

just something that is bugging me

also how would you make the swap more easier
these are non league games

Last edited:
doesnt matter what league does it?

swapping cameras is just a matter of technique.. practice and you will be able to do it quick and easy :)

I have my body with the 70-200mm sat on my lap with the grip up ready to grab with my right hand.

The 400mm swings and rests over my left shoulder... And no, I never hit myself on the head with it ;)

it hurts :LOL::LOL:

just wondering more than anything but i think i know the answer but would like some info

here goes lol scenario below

your shooting with a 50D and 70 -200 f2.8 L but the for obvious reason you cant get them when close

A do you loose the shot when up close knowing it is pointless becuase the lens is too big at close range or

B take the 5D with a siggy 24 - 70 F 2.8 which the 5D is slow ( obvious ) lol and rush to switch between camers again to try and capture the close up

just something that is bugging me

also how would you make the swap more easier
these are non league games

Great question, I too miss quite a few shots with changing over from one body to the other......Very frustrating...lol

I have my body with the 70-200mm sat on my lap with the grip up ready to grab with my right hand.

The 400mm swings and rests over my left shoulder... And no, I never hit myself on the head with it ;)

I used to :shrug:

When to switch is a question of following and reading the action. I prefer to have my 70-200 hanging around my neck. This way I found it easier to drop the 300 on my shoulder and at the same time grab the other similar to a gunslinger reaching for his pistol!

Two bodies :shrug:

I just swap lenses on one body, not all the time but mainly use the 90mm and 35mm, and swap one with the other. Camera switched off, lens off, lens on, camera on, frame and shoot

OK, I get more time to do it in my sport, but still need to be quick, read the game and hope you get it right ;)

its hardly even swapping... long lens on monopod.. short lens..strap round neck and rest in lap..on right knee... you simply drop your hand to the camera and lift up.. the long lens on monopod leans against you and fire away

practice and you wont miss a shot :)

I've been wondering about this too. I take my 20D with a 50mm on it, but end up not using it because I feel too clumsy fumbling around. I guess its a case of practice!

I also sometimes feel a bit of a target - how come the players seem to come lurching off the pitch towards me or kick the ball so it heads my way? And then, when they score a goal, they end up on the other side of the pitch?:shrug:

I've been wondering about this too. I take my 20D with a 50mm on it, but end up not using it because I feel too clumsy fumbling around. I guess its a case of practice!

I also sometimes feel a bit of a target - how come the players seem to come lurching off the pitch towards me or kick the ball so it heads my way? And then, when they score a goal, they end up on the other side of the pitch?:shrug:

becuase your a woman :LOL::LOL:

everygame i go to the seem to aim for the lady's lol

infact there was a elderly woman who come to support bridlington town last night i was just behind her and a ball come stright past her face full pelt :eek:

the best part was when she turned around and give our side loads of abuse :LOL:

I know of a "certain" photographer that has been knocked off his stool a couple of times! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sometimes you are just a "ball magnet"! :shrug:

I know of a "certain" photographer that has been knocked off his stool a couple of times! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sometimes you are just a "ball magnet"! :shrug:

Ha - I think you're right. I sometimes pair up with a local photographer so we can chat when there's a break. I thought (1) he's a bigger target than me they'll aim at him, but then (2) together we make an even bigger target!

Last edited:
Back