Screen Protectors

Edit My Images
No
:help:

Sorry if this has already been covered :confused:

I just got my shiny new Canon 40d from Kerso (Thanks Ian (y)) Anyway I want to keep in in tip top condition so I was wondering what people use to protect the viewing screen...Ive seen some plastic type things on ebay are they any good?...I dont want to buy something that will peel off in the space of a few months...Do canon sell anything specific to protect the screen?

Thanks in advance...:notworthy:

I got 10 JRC plastic protectors for my 40D, (off Ebay) thought I would need to keep changing them so also got a EXiM version which is supposed to be better.

I've never taken the first one off, :) no problems with air bubbles / trapped dirt like I've had with previous protectors on other bits of kit.

Wouldn't protect against heavy impact, just scratching and the like.

I use a GGS one for my D300. Its tempered glass that glues (With invisible glue around the edge) on to the screen. Its very tough, and unlike the plastic ones you can get doesn't get dust behind it, and looks much better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GGS-Multi-Layer...=item150223917080&_trksid=p3910.c52.m22.l1101
:)

The GGS gets a hands up from me too, had one on my D40X, now have one on the D200. Great product for the price (seeing as the Giottos ones cost x3 as much)

I use static cling on mine and make them myself, they stick suprisingly well and no worries about getting them off when they need changing and cheap.

The GGS gets a hands up from me too, had one on my D40X, now have one on the D200. Great product for the price (seeing as the Giottos ones cost x3 as much)

Here too, got one on my 30D, seems very good quality.

I use Best Skin Ever (google it) i originally bought it to cover the screen on my phone to stop key scratches and was so impressed. You can buy it in sheets and cut to size. It also peels off when you want to remove it without leaving any marks or sticky stuff. I really can't recommend the stuff enough!

Back