SDA Rd 2, Fort William - Practice Day

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Another racing weekend, this time Ft Bill at the SDA (Scottish Downhill Association) Series. Greg has been keen to get a decent time in and has really been enjoying his riding. He is now so good at taking home the bike in one bit that my mechanic-ing skills are not really required. So more time to take pics! :D

This thread will have pics from practice day Saturday

1.jpg

2.jpg

#3 Some teams stick (really) close together.
3.jpg

4.jpg

Greg with his friend, also Greg, enjoying the view from the gondolas.
5.jpg

#6 Sam Flockhart - He won Greg's category - by a huge margin! World Cup material for sure.
6.jpg

7.jpg

#8 My lad Greg.
8.jpg

more...........

Marshalls have to protect themselves from the cold but......
9.jpg

#10 Kenny & Matt from Inverness. Kenny wants me to race his bike at the end of the season as he is taking time out with his wife who is expecting their first child. Should I do it? Do you want photos? :LOL:
10.jpg

#11 Ronan. One of Greg's school pals and a great little racer!
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Gary didn't realise this was your son, you must be a back of nerves, how do you hold the camera steady ? :D

looks like an awesome course! i should go ride it sometime...but its a bit of a travel for me living in south devon and all.

really ncie shots, although some shots a bit closer with a wider andlge lens would be nice and fill the frame a bit more.

Excellent HIMUPNORTH. Proof that you don't need a flash to produce top shots! Well done.

Fort William is defo on my agenda now!

Great shots Gary you must be very proud of your lad (and doesn't he look like you!!)

Looks like a hairy sport! Last two are great but there'll all good!

That's a really good set, except for 16. Compared with the rest it's decidedly soft, have you posted the right one?

That's a really good set, except for 16. Compared with the rest it's decidedly soft, have you posted the right one?

And it is soft! Not sure what I was up to there Dod tbh. Must look through and see if there was another I intended to use.

Thanks for the comments everyone! (y)

Great set as always Gary, is that a sheer drop in #4 because it looks like it!

And yes, you should ride Kenny's bike - but who's going to do the photos? :LOL:

That's a grest set of images, really captures the speed and twistyness of Fort Bill. Haven't ridden Fort Bill for over a year (shoulder injury - due to failure to land a 8ft gap jump).

Is it a special lens, or some clever post processing that makes the course look so dry???

hey do u have any photos of the rider number 878? i was in the youth section
cheers

the thread is over two years old folks :)

hey do u have any photos of the rider number 878? i was in the youth section
cheers

Euan, you're obviously on a mission to find photos of yourself, 'cos you've emailed me twice with the exact same question.

In my first response I told you to contact Ian Linton. Have you done so? If you want photos from an SDA, he is the man to speak to, as it is almost guaranteed that he will have shots of you. If you're willing to pay for the photos, tell him that, and he will look for them.

Now go and do that, instead of reviving 2 year old threads on a photography forum. :D

the thread is over two years old folks :)

Didn't look at that bit. Came in here because I thought Gary was back. :(

Back