Sea, Sand & Snow

Edit My Images
Yes
SeaSandSnowweb-1.jpg

thanks for looking

dave

P.S. yes i did get my feet wet! water was right up to my knees, BBRRRRRRR!

Last edited:
Very nice shot - the combination of textures from the sea, sand, snow & sky work very well together as do there contrasting colours. Nice lead into the sunlight area in the clouds

I love the rich colours here and the composition. Oh for a small boulder in the bottom right or left third and that would have really made it magical.

Very nice! I wondered if a bit of selective lightening of the hillside might whiten the snow a bit and improve overall contrast so I took the liberty of playing a bit with your image. (I see you have "Edit" checked.) If you don't like it, I'll remove it.

z-sandseasnow2.jpg

Last edited:
That's a lovely photograph!

Great combination of subtle colours and a real atmospheric feel to it - that water must have been VERY cold:eek:!

Neil

Beautiful image, I prefer it with the lightened snow also.

Not wanting to appear pedantic, I prefer the original. My problem with too much faffing with this particular image is, where did the light coming from to reflect from the snow? It removed the dramatic effect of the original with it's dark skies.
IMO of course.:)

Very pleasing - I'm not sure I'd go the whole hog and plunge into the Moray Firth nid-winter just for a photo though!!

I too prefer the original, however the image as a whole does look under exposed to me. The lead in with the sand is nice, I just find the snow a little too grey/blue.

Back