Seaside!

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
A few more shots of the North Sea from the weekend... I went out as the light was starting to fail, and stayed out till after sunset.

One

Two

Three

Four

Bit of experimentation here... Didn't really work. I might try something similar again some time.

Five

A bit of light painting to finish off.

C&C welcome as always!

not great on techy terms... great lighting on 5 and love number one.. very dreamy looking!

I have a D60 and was trying to get an almost identical shot as no. 3 recently but it wouldn't focus or take a shot on any setting I used!

Cheers!

The autofocus tends to struggle in low light, I think I'd actually set my focus while it was still light and used a fairly tight aperture to give plenty of depth of field and make perfect focus less important - if you use the autofocus then switch to manual it'll stay where it is.

Another trick to use is to shine a torch at something (ie. the wooden thingies in four) and focus on that, and again lock it and use a tight aperture to get the depth of field.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers!

The autofocus tends to struggle in low light, I think I'd actually set my focus while it was still light and used a fairly tight aperture to give plenty of depth of field and make perfect focus less important - if you use the autofocus then switch to manual it'll stay where it is.

Another trick to use is to shine a torch at something (ie. the wooden thingies in four) and focus on that, and again lock it and use a tight aperture to get the depth of field.

Hope that makes sense!

thats where I was going wrong then by the sound of it.. had it on auto focus, thanks for that.. ;)

Back