Second attempt at insects macro/closeup

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
A bit happier with these than I was with my first efforts but I still seem to be getting my DOF wrong on a lot of them. Didn't have a tripod with me at the time so all shot handheld with my Sigma 70-300 APO. Definitely quite addictive this stuff and has got me thinking about a dedicated macro lens in the future.

All comments and critique very welcome please guys as I would like to learn more about this particular side of photography so don't be shy. (y)

Tommy.

1) I found a very popular thistle...

3780091023_323c3b3849_o.jpg

2) Wish I had used a smaller aperture here to get more of them in focus.

3780903818_0992190375_o.jpg

3) One of my favourites from the day but it does look a bit dark once I've uploaded it to web for some reason. :thinking:

3780091603_63c032bbe7_o.jpg

4) Think one of them must have dropped his wallet in this thistle head was teeming with the wee beasties all day.

3780091833_861ba05eeb_o.jpg

5) I was trying to capture the 3 hovers on the thistle asd I liked the nice shape of them all standing on top but the bumblebee and other hover flew into the shot and they were gone when I went for a second one. :(

3780092097_a1740108c4_o.jpg

Yeah. Good job. Like No. 3 best. I too find it very addictive and hope to get my hands on a dedicated lens soon.

Really good shots, I don't really like the 5th one but that's because the blur attracts me.
I LOVE number 3 the angle and the framing is just gorgeous.

Agree this is a really nice set and number 3 is definately the best of the bunch. I particilarly like the detail in the thistle too

Well I think these are a great set and Im going to be different as I prefer the first two, I think the DOF works nicely on those two personally.

Back