second attempt

Name
hayley
Edit My Images
Yes
okay so this was my second attempt at water droplets there not as amazing as some of the ones i have seen up here recently but i thought i would post and see what you guys think can improve

have you any tips for light as im having to use a flash at the moment and its really restricting the shutter speed im able to use as these were taken on a 1/200 and apreture of 4.5, iso 500 and flash, i was using a much higher shutterspeed and iso with apreture fully open but was too dark so reduced iso from 1600 to 500 and introduced the flash but the flash ment the fast shutter speed i can have was 1/200 and i found it wasnt allowing me to capture the photo when i wanted to, at these were my results

DSC_2704 by Hayleyprice photography, on Flickr

DSC_2875 by Hayleyprice photography, on Flickr

this was taken at a slower shutter speed of 1/100

DSC_2898 by Hayleyprice photography, on Flickr

this was taken after changing the colour of the water, i think the focus is a little off tho what do you think?

CSC_0243 by Hayleyprice photography, on Flickr

I just had a look at the exif of that last one and it shows that you were using a rather large aperture, it would suggest stopping down to say f/16 this will give you a broader DoF on images like that last crown (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

The last one does look a little soft, but for some reason I really like it. My favourite by far.(y)

Back