Self Portrait

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I decided to try and better myself with my flashgun. I found things look nicer without the Sto-fen bounce and I prefer to use the inbuilt diffuser. I also decided to give Raw Shooter a go too. I'm glad I did as I now prefer using these two. Doing a self portrait shoot is definetly one of the hardest things to do. Its hard to frame and you have to take a lot of pics to get just one right. Still, I'm quite happy with the results as you can see from my new spiffy avatar :D

smCRW_3722-01.jpg

smCRW_3725-01.jpg

hmmm.....the mouth is still bothering me, i know its only a shadow, i will accept the hat as 'what you do' i can be mostly found in a WilliamsBMW baseball cap....

second is the better shot deifnately..very...mysterious!

infact..a picture of me looking cool etc can be found here..
Here

I thought it was John Lennon! ;)

The 2nd shot is the better exposed Pete and the best shot anyway. If your hand had been under your chin instead of in front of it you'd have got the same exposure for the face and hand instead of that slightly blown out hand which is somewhat distracting. I'd try selectively toning down that hand. Try bouncing the flash for a softer more natural light. Great black and white conversion - as usual. :icon_cool

Yer that was bounced. I'm playing with it in Photoshop to try and fix the issues :)

Hehe someone's got one to many http// 's

pete, I can't decide, Craig David or Daniel Bedingfield :)

Bod said:
Hehe someone's got one to many http// 's

pete, I can't decide, Craig David or Daniel Bedingfield :)
LOL I'm certianly not proper bo, and my voice is too deep to be Mr Beddingfield :)

Dave said:
The first one makes you look weird. The 2nd one is definitely the best. :)
Deja vu :) I coulda sworn I knew you were going to say that :p

fixed my link.....lol

2nd is definitely the best, good composure and expression, and you need a shave lol

2nd by far is the best for me

Your'e da man!

Cool shot...ever thought of doing modelling?

petemc said:
Thank you, but I don't need a shave :p

No, you need a lawnmower :D

How do you keep it like that and it not itch to buggery? :D

Bachs said:
2nd by far is the best for me

Your'e da man!

Cool shot...ever thought of doing modelling?

I used to build aeroplanes ;) But no. Definetly not :D

Bod said:
No, you need a lawnmower :D

How do you keep it like that and it not itch to buggery? :D

Baddum dum tish :p I trim it on no.1 with my razor. I did find that when its longer it itches, but short as it is its quite nice. It doesn't itch at all.

Back