Self portraits... in my little studio!

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
Thanks to the guys in the lighting section tonight, I was able to get up and running :)

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

No P+P done, yet :) I guess wearing a black top wasnt a good idea really :LOL:

You have a top on?? I thought you'd just painted out the bits you didn't want us to see :p

I like the 2nd one the best, although your eyes look a bit dark :shrug:

The black fur of the cat gets a bit lost in the background :)

Actually #1 looks pretty good too, a bit cheeky :D

I can't decide if your white balance is off or not, since my monitor is about a million miles from being calibrated it seems :(, so I'll let someone else decide that :)

I actually set the WB to "Flash" as someone on here told me too, cant remember who though :)

Ill try again at the weekend with different colour clothes, and the white cat :D

S'alright, I look a bit orange too it would seem. I've been tango'ed :LOL:

I like :) A tad orange yeah and number 2 does look like you just let one rip! :p Way better than I could do though (both infront and behind the camera) so big (y) from me.

haha you should see when I tried to do some still life/studio stuff. Wasnt pretty! and that was only photographing fruit! (erm...thats sounds wrong, but it was what I was photographing)

Lets agree to disagree then, you're better in all other aspects of togging ;)

Thanks for the comments guys, I see what you mean about the 2nd one now :D

/prrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffftttttttttttttttt

So jimmy, come on. Lets see a shot of you taken like that then :D

No 2 for me i think, good job. :)

Second one is my pick Betty, love the sense of fun.(y)

They could do with a little adjustment to the levels, I did that one for you but the file kb size that you've got it at (26.19kb:eek:) meant it couldn't stand up to being adjusted without artefacting badly.:(

I agree with all above - really great self portraits. Difficult to do, I imagine.

WB looks ok to me, maybe a tad warm - but that's down to personal taste.

But ... are they out of focus, or just soft due to resizing. I tried sharpening one with a high pass filter and it looks better, so maybe the latter.

They are always soft due to resizing, I could do with some tips on how to do it right :D

Thanks everyone, Ive never been more relaxed in front of, or behind a camera :)

Isnt that weird, Ive looked at them again and they all look waaaaaaay darker on my office monitor, typical :D

The high pass sharpening method is done by duplicating the layer and then go to filter – other – high pass leave at default 10 (you can change if you want) but I leave it there for most.

Then on the second layer change the blending mode to soft light and you’re done.

If there is too much sharpening you can just reduce the opacity of the second layer.

And another trick is if you want to make the image all soft and dreamy just invert the second layer (ctrl and I)

Julian

I certainly told someone to use the Flash WB setting - so perhaps it was me! That said, you did actually use flash didn't you?

These are relaxed looking shots, but easily 2 perhaps even 3 steps underexposed. If the exposure was correct you'd look a lot less orange too.

How did you decide on the exposure then, or did you leave it up to the camera and auto flash settings?

DD

Yes it was set to WB flash :)

To be honest, I was so chuffed to have my lights working, I left the settings at 1/125 (I think) and F11. It was late and I wanted to make the most out of it, cos my mood can change like that (snaps fingers) and I might not have the patience another night :D

When I next have a go over the weekend, Ill take more time to get it right :)

You rude buggers :LOL:

But thanks guys! Went out last night and got dolled up, so what did I do? Got in the studio half cut is what :D Pics to follow :)

Back