SEMSEC meeting at Brands Hatch 09/09/07

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
SEMSEC meeting at Brands was practically deserted. Everyone was either at Lydden or at the Runlate World Series at Donington.

Nice BMW
bmw.jpg

My brother - Reynard 883 getting it right
reynard883.jpg

My brother - Reynard 883 getting it wrong
reynard883a.jpg

Andy Woolley - Reynard 903 being chased by my brother and the fastest car in the field, a March F2 car with about 100bhp more than everyone else.
reynard903.jpg

David and Goliath. This MG is not being lapped, its racing for position at the sharp end of the field.
mg.jpg

Honda CRX Silhouette. The only thing Honda is the badge on the front. Spaceframe chassis with mid mounted Ford engine
crx.jpg

Brace of Ferraris
ferrari.jpg

This was the last time they came round like this. On the next lap, the lead Ferrari was boxed in by a backmarker, pulled out, hit his team mate and went into the armco at the end of the pitlane, ripping it out and ending all racing for the afternoon. 3 races cancelled much to their annoyance.

Aftermath
armco.jpg

you mean the 08/09/07 as those werent taken today, as i know as i just got back from there after watching the BRSCC race day, i nearly went yesterday too but needed to do a couple off things in the morning.

Some nice pics there though mate. Shame about the shortened days racing. Everyone ok i take it?

Nice pics. What kit/lens were you using and how did you get so far down on the inside of Druids to get shots as they came up from paddock?

Hi, yes made a slip with the date. I blame the early start, and the late night following the closure of M11 northbound, made a late night as well.

Everyone was ok, drivers unhurt apart from pride and wallet.

Kit - Canon 30D with Sigma 100-300 f4 EX, some with 1.4x t/c, others without. You can get those shots by going downhill from inside druids, plenty of room.

Some good shots there. No idea how many were at Donington, I think you made the right choice going to SEMSEC!

Back