Sending/Posting a Long(ish) Item?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
So i'v got a a brand new air-cushioned light stand I wanted to sell - collapsed length 130 cm, weight 1.6kg - I've been online for what seems like forever, and it appears Royal Mail won't take it as it's over 90 cm long..... OK....

Went to the Parcel Monkey website to get courier prices - they're all the same - anything up to 110 cm is around £6, but anything over that and the price jumps to over £20??

Ultimately, if I can't get a decent price for postage it's getting chucked in the back of the garage......

Ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Put it on Facebook Market place as a collection only item
Not on FB, but suppose I can try Gumtree, although wouldn't hold out too much hope on there......

Just a thought......have you tried costing on this site?

Doesn't give you a price online - you have to fill in all the sender/recipient info (which I obviously don't have) and they'll email you back with a quote! I thought it was 2023, not 2003? :confused:

How about local selling without/minimal transport costs ...

Camera clubs.
Education institutions
Photography studios

i.e. anyone or business or organisation who uses or has a potential need for another lightstand???

Parcel Force are usually competitive. Don't confuse their services with Royal Mail's

Parcel Force are usually competitive. Don't confuse their services with Royal Mail's
You're a life saver - I actually tired to find their site yesterday, but must have been using the wrong link through Google, as it kept coming up with Mail Boxes etc website...... anyway, they'll take it at £7.60....... :clap:

Back