Serengeti Zebras at Dusk

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing that my foot is in plaster, I thought I would return once again! to shots from Africa.
Not sure why I didn't process this one, but have changed it into a square crop rather than portrait, so I have lost a little of the sky.
Nice serene scene I think....

3014848031_815a2627f4_o.jpg

Shot with a 30d, ISO 250, F8, SS 1/20.

Cheers,
Neil

Certainly is. Though I find the dark clouds at the top a bit distracting as is the plant in the centre front.

I really like this mate :)

There is some noise in the sky to the right which you could selectively get rid of with some noise reduction.

I would like to have a crack at some creative PP on this. Would you mind mate?

What did you do to your foot??

Last edited:
Cheers mate - Fire away Sie.

Ankle Ligaments playing football !!

Ouch!

I tore 2 of my crucial ligaments on the one side of my knee by falling off a 20ft cliff. I know how painful that can be....very!

Anyway heres my interpretaion. I love the pose the zebra on the left.

3014848031_815a2627f4_o_edit.jpg

Hope you like :)

Much better Sie. As aberal also stated the sky looks much better cropped even further. The PP on the foreground makes it a much better shot, a little lighter makes all the difference. My obsession with dark images is my downfall sometimes.

Glad you like. I actually did some dodging and burning as well as some noise reduction in the sky. I also took out some of the dominant blue in the scene.

Did you know Ansel Adams went through a stage of producing dark images? It took some critique before he realised they were right and they were too dark. Your in good company ;)

I like both versions. The second looks almost like a diorama in a museum as opposed to the real thing.

Hope you heel quickly and completely.

Nice photo Chewy.. the crop does work siejones does work well

I like both versions. The second looks almost like a diorama in a museum as opposed to the real thing.

Hope you heel quickly and completely.

Cheers Both. I do think the lightened zebras and foreground add quite allot.

Last edited:
The tweaked one is working for me, but it had to be a good shot to tweak in the first place right?!

Absolutly! Photoshop can't improve a bad compostion or extreme under/over exposure. This was always a nice image in my eyes.

Back