Setting up 450D

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone alter the incamera sharpening ,colour,contrast..etc .Or do yous leave them a zero and alter in P&P .I'm not that happy with my results up to now ,the shots i've taken seem a bit bland compared to when i had my PentaxDSLR.What settings do you have the picture styles at (ie).. standard style.. portrait style...landscape style..etc .I'm still learning,so am i missing something obvious (y)

i keep all my settings on default, i never use the styles, i shoot them in raw and alter later in an editor. I have fiddled with them in the past but have never been happy with the results tbh.
any pics to show as an example?

Wow that was quick Animal... This was shot in RAW

RAW

Walk-abt-in--12c.jpg

JPG

img_41181.jpg

well i am no expert but a couple of things strike me straight away. Shooting into the sun ...ouch! flares and a nightmare to expose correctly. The bush in front is dominating everything, should have omitted it or stepped further back . wires need cloning out.
for this shot i would have taken multiple exposures and merged them in PP

well i am no expert but a couple of things strike me straight away. Shooting into the sun ...ouch! flares and a nightmare to expose correctly. The bush in front is dominating everything, should have omitted it or stepped further back . wires need cloning out.
for this shot i would have taken multiple exposures and merged them in PP

Looks like i need to get my finger out and learn photoshop then eh!:D

Back