Severn Valley Diesel Gala (10/10/09)

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from the diesel gala at the SVR. Well run except for the derailment that caused a lack of visiting locos. but oh well..........

1yk0ko.jpg

1yk0kr.jpg

1yk0kt.jpg

1yk0k6.jpg

#5 (If only the sun didn't leave me!)
1yk0ku.jpg

1yk0kw.jpg

C&C welcome, let's hope for similar weather next year and better luck in the run up too

Lovely pictures. Think no 1 might be better in landscape mode.

No2 for me out of those (y)

The curve of the train and the diesel smoke as it climbs out of the valley really add to the old time feeling.

It's a pity the nose of the deltic was caught so close to the yellowy foliage, it just loses a bit of impact for me.

Quite like no1 too, why not post it at the maximum size the forums allow to get a bit more sense of scale, on the small image you just lose it a tad especially when you balance the size of the loco against the car.

Lovely set of shots particularly the ones at the viaduct,is this an easy location to get to or do you need a lineside pass
No, it's accessible via the canal path or by road (you can just see my car on the right) However, where I'm stood for a better reflection involves climbing up on to a bridge that carries pipes over the canal. It's a little precarious, but well worth it
the nose of the deltic
How very dare you, it's a Class 37 and not a Deltic. Ironically any other livery that wasn't all yellow would have been fine.
Thanks for the comments so far, I'm just glad the forecasters got the advanced weather wrong. Just of note, when do they ever get it right? I wish I could exhibit such incompetence at work and still be employed.

Last edited:
Is the yellow of the 37 really that colour or have you tweaked it? Seems a bit too orangey-yellow to me.

Back