shadow and reflection

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
_V2C4335.jpg

c&c always welcome.

thank you for looking :)

It hurts me to say this Tom :( A nice concept but not one of your best, have you actually captured the bird jumping up with both feet in the air? because it looks like that to me. Apologies but thats how I feel with this shot. ;)

It hurts me to say this Tom :( A nice concept but not one of your best, have you actually captured the bird jumping up with both feet in the air? because it looks like that to me. Apologies but thats how I feel with this shot. ;)

no problem rich - primarily the shot is the dunnock about to land on the stone - but you don't usually get a a airbourne bird with its reflection and shadow in the same shot - and all done by remote control.

tom

Good morning Tom :) An unusual one for sure :D Would I be right in thinking the Dunnock had already landed and then jumped up after being startled by the shutter noise? as the wings tucked back in to the body would suggest this.

Good morning Tom :) An unusual one for sure :D Would I be right in thinking the Dunnock had already landed and then jumped up after being startled by the shutter noise? as the wings tucked back in to the body would suggest this.

not jumping due to shutter noise - he had landed n the lh edge of that stone and was hopping over to the rh because that edge is closer to the water.

tom

Ah I see ;)

Interesting shot Tom, I like it.

With shots such as this, I am always interested in the physical set up, and would especially like to see how you had the kit positioned et al. I know it's a little late to ask for that, and also that you'd need a second camera to take a shot of the kit... but is always interesting nonetheless.

(y)

Interesting shot Tom, I like it.

With shots such as this, I am always interested in the physical set up, and would especially like to see how you had the kit positioned et al. I know it's a little late to ask for that, and also that you'd need a second camera to take a shot of the kit... but is always interesting nonetheless.

thank you. at present don't have a photo's of the set up but next time i use it i'll take some shots and pm to you. basically its very much a case of using a support device - beanbag or low tripod - something like a 70 - 200 lens, wireless remote and a angle finder c. set the focus on a fixed point where the birds land regularly land, move to a less visible spot but where you have good visibility of the landing stone & just hope you have some luck :D

Like it levitating dunnock :clap:

thank you dave.

tom

Back