Shadow Catting ... ?

Edit My Images
No
In anticipation of the Spring sunshine to come ... some winter 'reflections' from Spain ! :)

I can see there is probably quite a bit not right - but what do you guys think ?
:ponders:

PAGO - November 2005
DSC_044902242005_11_16.jpg

Thanks a lot for viewing, and in advance for commenting if you do ? :grinshake

:eek:ops: Forgot the frame ... again !

Edit = Frame Added !
Edit2 = Frame taken away by popular demand ! Will add white later ! :dizzy:

The only thing that mars this image for me is the OOF branch in the centre-foreground. Chop that sucker down, next time.
Otherwise, good use of colour, good comp, well-exposed and nicely presented.

Oh dear... try to learn the lesson from this. That oof branch must have been so visible in the viewfinder, and because of it you've just missed an absolutely superb shot. The composition is lovely and the colours are all very harmonious.

CT said:
Oh dear... try to learn the lesson from this. That oof branch must have been so visible in the viewfinder, and because of it you've just missed an absolutely superb shot. The composition is lovely and the colours are all very harmonious.

Arkady said:
The only thing that mars this image for me is the OOF branch in the centre-foreground. Chop that sucker down, next time.

Appreciate the comments guys and would have laid odds about the oof bit ! :eek:ops:

Unfortunately it was on private property and completely fenced anyway. :smilenod: That said, it probably would not have occurred to reach out and dispense the little blighter ! :banghead:

It will next time though guys !?! :ty:

Cracking shot - even with the oof branch. However............I think the photo is fighting with the outer frame which keeps drawing my eyes. I think just the white inner would be appropriate.

regards

I find that frame really distracting (bevel and emboss.....yeurgh!). There's a really great pic in there somewhere. Can you go back and retake in similar conditions? It could be REALLY good :)

stepheno said:
Cracking shot - even with the oof branch. However............I think the photo is fighting with the outer frame which keeps drawing my eyes. I think just the white inner would be appropriate.

Ribby said:
I find that frame really distracting (bevel and emboss.....yeurgh!). There's a really great pic in there somewhere. Can you go back and retake in similar conditions? It could be REALLY good

Thanx a lot guys - frame now removed - will add another (after work !). :confused:

I would really like to go back ... now and re-take but do not think conditions will have remained !

Appreciate the comments - keep 'em coming ! :thumb:

Venomator said:
Thanx a lot guys - frame now removed - will add another (after work !). :confused:

Awww...and you've worked sooo hard at getting your head around frames too!

I like the shot, but as others have said, it is spoiled by the OOF branch.

minimeeze said:
Awww...and you've worked sooo hard at getting your head around frames too!

Clearly not hard enough ... yet Minimeeze !? :banghead:

Thanx for looking & commenting too ! :smilenod:

whats occuring with the tile Rog, spelling mistake?

good shot spoilt by the foreground leaf. Good idea though certainly!

Matty said:
whats occuring with the tile Rog, spelling mistake?

good shot spoilt by the foreground leaf. Good idea though certainly!

No Matty ... it was just a play on the mixture of ideas i.e.;

Shadow Casting and Copy Catting = Shadow Catting ... clearly not so brill after all !?! :nut: :sadcry:

Thanks for the positive comment though - I will have to watch the spurios elements a little more closely in future. Although I couldn't really have done much about it in this case - see comment above !

hi Ven
hope you dont mind, but i decided to play with your shot today, its not a perfect change, but i think it looks a little better.
DSC_044902242005_11_16.gif

Boon said:
hi Ven
hope you dont mind, but i decided to play with your shot today, its not a perfect change, but i think it looks a little better.

Nope - don't mind at all, see you've sorted the nuisance oof leaves out ... well done that man ! :clap:

Agreed Stev - looks a lot cleaner ! Thanx for taking the trouble ... :thumb:

Back