Shadow Fencing

Name
You can call me Sir.
Edit My Images
Yes
1005023351_40556eb681_o.jpg

Thanks lady P :)

So we are seeing some results of the research :)

The shadow is much better defined at the outer edge of the shot. Guess that is the relative distances of light to subject to wall.

Could have done with a slight angle in the shadows foil(?) as it looks like a mark on the wall due to being parallel to the brick line. no exif - what was the setup?

Got any more? :)

Thats pretty cool and refreshing to see here amongst landscapes, bugs and fast cars.

So we are seeing some results of the research :)

The shadow is much better defined at the outer edge of the shot. Guess that is the relative distances of light to subject to wall.

Could have done with a slight angle in the shadows foil(?) as it looks like a mark on the wall due to being parallel to the brick line. no exif - what was the setup?

Got any more? :)

We are indeed seeing the results of the research Robert. Not sure what I could do to define the foil shadow better but it's probably not helped but a but of rushed dodging or burning (can never remember which is which) in PS. Will definately be doin it again when I have the time. I have got some slightly different angles so I might try one of them instead.

Setup- Camera on tripod ISO200, 1/125, F6.3 I think. I had one Metz 54MZ4 1/2 power at the far right about 10-15 feet infront of the fencer and to his left to cast a shadow on the wall and an SB-25 1/2 power between the camera and the other flash to even up the lighting on the wall towards the left and to light the fencer in the 2nd shot. Shots then merged in PS and the fencer cropped out from the right.

Thats pretty cool and refreshing to see here amongst landscapes, bugs and fast cars.

Cheers Pete, thankyou very much:D.

This is the shot I was originally after.

1009177628_3560f35972_o.jpg

and then I did a few portrait firing each flash through a shoot through umbrella, one to the fencers front left and one over his right shoulder.

1009177634_f5775808f4.jpg

I've got a few more on the computer but there all a bit samey. I can't believe how quickly two hours went by but I haven't had this much fun in ages.

they're good, simple but effective :)

Back