Shanghai GP3 released in 135 format

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
https://kosmofoto.com/2019/06/shanghai-release-gp3-100-iso-film-in-35mm/

Chinese film producer Shanghai has surprised the film photography world by releasing a 35mm version of their GP3 film.

The film had previously been available in 120 format but there had been no clues that the film was about to be released in 35mm.

The film costs just $3.50 (£2.75) a roll via Chinese online sellers. It’s not known yet how widely the film is being exported nor how much it will cost.

More info via the link above. It also mentions that they hope to produce colour emulsions too.

I bought some in 120 format a few years ago. I didn’t like it because you could see an imprint from the backing paper on every frame. I thought the emulsion was a bit thin too.

I bought some in 120 format a few years ago. I didn’t like it because you could see an imprint from the backing paper on every frame. I thought the emulsion was a bit thin too.
Yeah, it was cheap and cheerful but once you got used to seeing faint outlines of frame numbers it was fine.

I use it on 5 X 4 and it's pretty good, the recent shots from Cornwall that I posted in the Show us thread were shot on it.

I also pre-wash Fomapan 100, and some Rollei films need it too... (400S?)

Back